Mrs. Redfern's Classroom News
Peek at the Week
Weekly Skills: Students will be develop and understanding of what good readers do when they visualize. We will continue to work on retelling and characters of a story. Students will also focus on the problem and solution of the story and their opinion.
Popcorn Words: Quarter 2 SW List
Math: Students continue to work on shapes and positional words as well as measurement and comparing numbers.
Help at Home
- Remind your child to return their reading folder. I will begin sending home more interesting books with my responsible readers.
- Identify UC and LC letters and sounds of the alphabet.
- Writing the sounds they hear when they stretch words.
- Talk about different 2-D and 3-D shapes in our environment (square, circle, triangle, rectangle, hexagon, sphere, cylinder, cubed and cone).
- Letter and number formation.
- Develop strong fine motor skills.
- Practice Quarter 2 SW List.
Tuesday - Jadon
Wednesday - Dominic
Thursday - Sadie
Friday - Ivan
Tuesday - Music
Wednesday - PE
Thursday - Art
Friday - Music
12.15 - Family Spaghetti Dinner Night @ 5:30pm
12.22 - Holiday Parties/End of 2Q
12.23-1.4 - Winter Break