Recycle and Reduce
Reduce the Amount of Energy Consumed
Freezers and Refrigerators
- Avoid keeping the refrigerator or freezer doors open too long
- Don't over crowd; allow air flow to use less energy
-When replacing large appliances, look for Energy Star appliance
-Avoid opening the oven. Use the oven light to avoid letting heat escape.
Reduce The Amount of Water Used
- Wash dishes by hand instead of dish washer
-Choose cooking methods that use less water in preparation
- Choose recyclable products- Identify items and/or packaging that can be recycled, and then be sure to recycle them! Our land fills are full of recyclable products that were discard
- Select products made from recycled material- Look for recycled content whenever possible, including paper, glass, metal, plastic, and other items. Understand product labeling and know how to identify recycled products.