Stonybrook Red Storm Forecast
August 31, 2020
Dear Stonybrook Families
If your child has been with his teacher(s) for less than three weeks, you will see "NG" (No Grade) instead of a letter grade. This is not a D or F, it simply means that the teacher has not spent enough time teaching and assessing your student to fairly give them a grade.
VIRTUAL Students and Parents/Caregivers!
- Don’t forget that we will continue to distribute breakfast and lunches for all VIRTUAL students on Tuesday and Friday mornings from 8AM-9:30AM at Moorhead Community Resource Center. We have also added a Tuesday distribution time in the evening from 4:30-6:30PM.
- Thank you for continuing to use Moorhead Community Resource Center to support your device needs. Their hours of operation are Monday-Friday, from 11-1PM. **Your technology needs can also be supported though submitting a helpdesk ticket through IncidentIQ Support System. If you are in need of a WiFi Hotspot, you can use IncidentIQ Support System to make the request or you can contact your homeschool.
Athletic Event Safety
We are excited to be able to offer our students opportunities to safely participate in athletics during the current Covid -19 pandemic. In order to keep you, your family, our staff, and your student athletes safe, we are only admitting 250 total spectators into Stonybrook events to comply with MCPHD and IHSAA social distancing guidelines. Spectators for all sports will be limited to immediate family members.
- Home Football and Volleyball: Tickets will go on sale on site 45 minutes before the start time of the event and will be available on a first come first serve basis. Tickets will be $5 general admission, $3 for children ages 5 and up, and $13 for a family pass which includes two adults and two children.
- Employees planning to attend games will be granted entrance for just the badge holder.
- Away game/match ticketing and safety information will be determined by the opposing school. Ticketing and safety information for away games/matches will be provided to coaches for distribution as soon as it is available to ADs. Plan on masks being required.
Game Day at Stonybrook
- Masks are REQUIRED for admission and must remain on while at an event. Any spectator not wearing a mask will be denied entry or asked to leave.
- Family units may sit together but must be using 6 feet of social distancing between another family unit.
- Avoid congregating near concessions or bathrooms when applicable.
- Home Fans are encouraged to arrive 45-60 minutes prior to start time, while away fans are encouraged to arrive 20-40 minutes prior to start time. This will help alleviate crowding at the door/gate.
**Please note, all guidelines listed above follow the direction provided by the
MCPHD, IHSAA, and NFHS**
I'd like to share some parent resources for Canvas. There is a Canvas app for parents that will allow you to communicate with your children's teachers and access your student's instructional material. Click on this link to watch the video.
Have a wonderful week.
K - 6th Grade Virtual Students
Virtual Instructional Guide and Weeks At-A-Glance
We have heard from our parents that the VIRTUAL schedule can be confusing for our students. In response to this feedback, we are designating specific days to our Black and Gold Cohort students in grades K-6th grade. Starting on Monday, August 24, 2020, students will follow the schedule below. *On shortened school weeks, there will not be an Friday Academic Enrichment Friday.
Black Cohort (A-K) Grades 2-6
Mondays and Wednesdays: Direct Instruction Day
Tuesday and Wednesdays: Application Day
Gold Cohort (L-Z ) Grades 2-6
Tuesdays and Thursdays: Direction Instruction Day
Monday and Wednesday: Application Day
Black Cohort and Gold Cohort Grades 2-6
Fridays: Academic Enrichment Days
Friday Academic Enrichment Days
School District Publications/News Media Use
In order for our schools to be in compliance with the state laws regarding immunizations, please make sure that your student(s) have their updated information on file with our school's nursing staff. All student vaccines must be on file and up to date by September 21, 2020 to avoid exclusion. Please make our nursing staff is aware of any upcoming appointments for vaccines, or if there are any medical or religious objections to your student receiving his or her vaccines.
PLEASE inform our nurse of any chronic health conditions that the school should be made aware of, and that your student's medical emergency information is up to date.
Boys and Girls Club are coming to Stonybrook!
Need a Part Time Job?
Stonybrook Face Mask
Attention 7th and 8th Grade Student and Parents!
Black & Gold Schedule
Click the buttons below.
Click the buttons below for helpful information!
Stonybrook Refrigerator Information
ATTENDANCE LINE: 317-532-8800 EXT. 1
SCHOOL NURSE: 317-532-8806
SCHOOL HOURS: 8:55 AM - 3:55 PM
DISTRICT OFFICE: 317-869-4300
Principal: Mr. Jason Smith PH: 317-532-8804
Assistant Principal & 6th Gr. Dean: Mr. Chad Reedy PH: 317-532-8803
7th Gr.Dean: Mr. Josh Davis PH:317-532-8828
8th Gr. Interim Dean: Mr. Jeremy Dillard
5th Gr. Dean: Ms. Becky True PH: 317-532-8805
6th Gr. Counselor: Ms. Kassie Roberts PH: 317-532-8880
7th Gr. Counselor: Jenny Gullion PH: 317-532-8845
8th Gr. Counselor: Mrs. Melissa Nicholson PH: 317-532-8800 X8811
5th Gr. Counselor: Mr. Michael James PH: 317-532-8800
Athletic Director: Mr. Jeff Cummings PH: 317-532-8826