Brock Elementary Update
May 9th-May 13th
A Note From Mrs.Griffith
This week will be another busy week. We have STAAR testing going on Monday- Wednesday. Our campus will be closed to all visitors these days. We apologize for the inconvenience and will be back to business as usual on Thursday.
We are also very excited for all of our Elementary Archers as they head to Nationals in Kentucky this week. We are so proud of their hard work and dedication!
As we wrap up the year it is important to reflect on the great things we have accomplished and get feedback on how we can improve for our students. We will have our campus improvement meeting on June 3rd. If you are interested in attending please fill out the form below and I will get you details. Your input is important and valued as we plan for next year. As always, if you have any questions, concerns, or celebrations, feel free to contact me. I hope everyone has a wonderful week! Go Eagles!
This is one of my favorite videos that highlights the power of critique and feedback!
A Couple Notes!
- Starting next week, May 9, 2016, there will be no more IStation before or after school.
Scholastic BOGO Book Fair May 17-20. Open on Inventor Fair Night and closing at noon on Friday, May 20.
Last day to check out books May 13.
All books turned in by May 20.
All fines/lost books payment due by May 20.
May 9 -- 2nd grade field trip
May 9 -- Cici’s Night
May 10 -- Reading STAAR for 3rd & 4th grades; Reading retest for 5th grade
May 10 -- 1st grade field trip
May 11 -- Science STAAR for 5th grade
May 12 -- Kindergarten field trip to Fort Worth Zoo
May 13 -- Archery National Competition in Kentucky
May 13 -- 3rd grade field trip to Clark Gardens and Mineral Wells State Park
May 16 -- Snow day (No school)
May 17-20 -- Buy One, Get One Free Book Fair
May 17-20 -- Donations for the Weatherford & Parker County Animal Shelter
May 17 -- Open House/ Inventor Fair 5:00-7:00 p.m. (come and go)
May 25-- 3rd Grade Field Trip to the Ballpark in Arlington
May 26th-- Field Day for PK-2 at the High School
May 27th-- Field Day for 3-5 at the High School
May 30 -- Memorial Day (No School)
June 1 -- Awards Day and Early Release
June 2 -- Kindergarten Celebration 8:30-11:00
June 2 -- Report Cards go home
June 2 -- Early Release
June 3 -- Work Day
June 3 -- BHS Graduation at 7:00 p.m.
- May 9th -- 3rd and 4th grade Math STAAR; 5th Math retakes
- 2nd Grade Field Trip
- Cici's Night
- School Board Meeting
- May 10th -- 3rd and 4th grade Reading STAAR; 5th Reading retakes
- 1st Grade Field Trip
- May 11th -- 5th grade Science STAAR
- Kinder Field Trip
- 3rd Grade Field Trip
Brock Archery Nationals Send Off!
We are very sad to announce that Mrs.Walker is retiring. She has dedicated her life to teaching and inspiring the students of Brock. Please join us in celebrating Mrs.Walker on May 31st from 4:00-5:30 in the Elementary Cafeteria. We are putting together something special for her and would love your help. Please share your favorite memories of Mrs.Walker with us by filling out the form below. Here is a short synopsis of her amazing career and awards! We love you Mrs.Walker!
I began and I will end my career in Brock ISD. I began my career teaching special education to 2nd graders through 12th graders all in the same classroom at the same time. After teaching in several different places, my family moved back to Brock and I have been teaching 4th grade here ever since. Both of my kids graduated from Brock High School. Although I am retiring from public school, I will still be teaching through the art classes that I do in my garden in the summers. Teaching has and always will be my heart and soul.
If you have ever been in my classroom then you know I am all about the kids. I have 19 years of pictures on one long wall in my room. I would like to invite any former parents or students to please come and take your pictures off the wall. I have enjoyed them for 19 years and now it is your turn. You take the pictures with you and I will take the memories with me.
· 2 years Special Education Teacher Grades 2 – 12 Brock ISD
· 2 years Deaf Education Teacher Grs. 7 – 12 Aldine ISD
· 4 years 5th Grade Science/Language Arts Keller ISD
· 8 years 5th Grade Aledo ISD
· 19 years 4th Gr. Self-Contained/Lang. Arts/Social Studies/Science
· 1993 Fort Worth Star Telegram Teacher of the Week
· 1998 Teacher of the Year Brock Elementary
· 2006 Parker Co. Co-op Special Services Outstanding Partner in Special Education District Award
· 2007 Conservation Teacher of the Year Region V Runner Up
· 2008 Parker Co. Co-op Sp. Services Outstanding Partner in Sp. Ed. District Award
· 2010 Conservation Teacher of the Year Region V & State Finalist for Conservation Teacher of the Year
· 2016 Daughters of the Republic of Texas (DRT) Elementary Texas History Teacher of the Year