Mrs. Bennett's First Grade Class
October 27, 2013
Thank you to all of the parents who came to Parent-Teacher Conferences! I enjoyed sharing your child's growth and learning with you. Thank you for all you do to help your child.
We will be beginning our unit on addition/subtraction to 12. This is the beginning part to our learning target of: I can add and subtract to 20. We will are beginning the subtraction part of our unit. Subtraction is very difficult, so please practice any pages that come home. I am teaching a lot of strategies along with mental strategies so any practice can only help your child.
I do have some websites to help your child practice adding and subtracting.
Also, feel free to visit my website and go to the writing tab. There are some fun games in green.
Reading / Phonics
- We go to the library on Thursday mornings. Please leave your child's library books in their backpack so they can trade every week.
- Haunted Hallways is Wednesday, October 30 from 5:30-7:00. Come in your costume and trick our treat the teacher's classrooms!
This week is Red Ribbon Week! We will be dressing up each day.
- Monday - backwards shirt day
- Tuesday - favorite team jersey
- Wednesday - crazy sock day
- Thursday - sweats or athletic gear
- Friday - wear red
Tuesday - PE
Wednesday - Art
Thursday - Music
Friday - PE