Friedell Middle School
April 26 - 30
The Week Ahead!
Here is what is happening in - The Week Ahead:
- April 26 - A Day
- April 27 - B Day
- April 27 - MCA Testing: Alternative 2-Hour MCA Schedule
- April 28 - A Day
- April 29 - B Day
- April 30 - A Day
- April 27 - MCA Reading Test for all grades (Please bring fully charged iPad!)
- May 4 - PTSA Meeting at 6:00 p.m.
- May 4 and 5 - MCA Science Test for grade 8
- The Friedell office is open daily from 7:15 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Please call if you have questions or need support!
- As we prepare to have more students in the building, please remember it is imperative that all students complete the daily health screener before coming to school.
- Many of the pictures below contain links to websites and additional information. Please feel free to click on them to access the additional information. One example would be the February Calendar, that link takes you to our district calendars page, specifically the Middle School Calendar.
- Please work with your students to make certain they have a fully charged iPad each day. This is important as iPads are used for multiple classes.
- In the morning, we use Door 1 by the gym for drop off. Do not pull up further than the sidewalk by Door 1 to drop your student before school.
Wondering if the yearbook is happening this year? 👉 Yes
ALL THE THINGS. ALL IN THIS BOOK.
This school year will be talked about forever. Our yearbook program is working hard to put together a historic book that will be looked back upon to remember one of the most unpredictable school years of all time.
Order today so we make sure there are enough copies for everyone - www.jostensyearbooks.com.
This year’s book will be delivered in August instead of in June. This will allow more time for the yearbook to be made.
If you would still like to submit a photo of your child for the yearbook, you can attach one to this link: https://forms.gle/sMPqzZ7dSMcAGXGL8
THANK YOU - ROCHESTER MATH CLUB
MCA READING TESTING
We will hold our next day of MCA testing on April 27, 2021. We are taking the MCA Reading test on that day. We want to share some important information so that students have success on this different day!
- Daily Bell Schedules - school starts at 7:45 a.m. for testing. Period 1 starts at 9:45 a.m.
- Students need a fully charged iPad, earbuds, a pencil, and a book to read for testing
- Please have students remember their water bottle and masks on this day as well
- DL students have the opportunity to test in person. If you have questions, please see the email from 4/12/2021 about MCA testing options. We will also be sending DL families a reminder email before Tuesday's testing event.
REMINDERS FOR STUDENT HEALTH AND SAFETY
When I have a sick child:
- If your child has any of the symptoms listed on the COVID screening tool, s/he should be staying home from school.
- If you have multiple children, and one is staying home because they are ill, all children in your family are to be kept home.
- Please inform the school of any symptoms your child is experiencing.
- If you have questions about what to do or next steps, just give us a call. We are happy to guide you.
Please remember we have The Remote Distance Learning Technical Support Team!
The Remote Distance Learning Technical Support Team for families and students will solve for issues like:
- Support for standard software like Microsoft Office, Adobe, G Suite
- Support for some hardware like printers, Internet and Wi-Fi Connectivity
Families and students will be able to receive support Monday - Friday from 7 AM - 7 PM by calling 1-(800)-789-0051.
Also, there are many resources available here.
Student Support Services