Mountain View Elementary School
Greetings to all the families of Mountain View!
As we kick off the 2023-2024 school year, I want to extend a warm welcome to our new families and a heartwarming welcome back to our returning Mustang families. It is my privilege and honor to serve as your principal once again.
Our commitment is to provide your child with a meaningful and enjoyable learning experience. At Mountain View, we take pride in being "bucket fillers," meaning that we uplift and positively impact one another in our community.
Our success as a school rests on the foundation of the strong partnerships between our families and educators. It's essential to remember that education is a collaborative effort that involves us all. Together, we can empower our children to reach their full potential and achieve their goals.
We hope that your child will find Mountain View Elementary School to be a place of joy and excitement, where learning is celebrated. To all our fellow Mustangs, let's make this year an exceptional one! As we prepare to start the school year, please take the time to read our newsletter for essential information.
Stay safe, enjoy the remaining summer break, and I look forward to seeing all of you soon!
Principal, Rria Cruz-Soto
Complete Required Forms
Please complete the 2023-2024 Required Forms as soon as possible by logging into your ParentConnection account. Please follow the directions below for completing the 2023-2024 Required Forms.
Using a Computer
- Go to https://www.cusd.claremont.edu/, click on “PARENTS” and select “ParentConnection Login.”
- Use your Parent ID and Password to login. If you know your Parent ID and don’t know your Password, select Reset Your Password. Enter the email address on file with the district and you will receive an email with a link to reset your password. If you do not know your Parent ID or Password, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and an Information Services team member will contact you.
- After logging in, select 2023-2024 Required Forms in the upper right part of the screen.
- The 2023-2024 Required Forms has two parts. Part one requires submitting information regarding you as the contact. Part two requires submitting information regarding student(s) - if you have more than one student, this process must be completed for each student.
- In the Contact Section, select the Edit button, which is located toward the right hand side of the page. Please update Step 1 - Demographics if there are any changes. Next, please update Step 2 - Household Questionnaire, and check the box to certify that all information is complete and correct, then click Submit in the upper left corner.*
- Proceed to the Student Section. On the right hand side, click on the Edit button and complete Steps 1 through 5.*
- Step 1 - Demographics
- Step 2 - Emergency Contacts – You must enter at least 2 Emergency Contacts
- Step 3 – Health Information - List any health conditions your child has (insurance information is optional)
- Step 4 – Releases and Authorizations
- Step 5 – Signature – Check the box to certify that you have completed the 2023-2024 Required Forms to the best of your knowledge, type in your signature, then click Submit in the upper left-hand corner. Please note your signature must be typed exactly the same way your name is listed in the Contact Section. If it is not you will get an error. If this occurs you will see the way the information needs to be entered at top of the screen, select Reset (upper left screen) and reenter your name as it appeared, certify that the information is correct, and select Submit again.
*You will know you have completed the 2023-2024 Required Forms when you see 2023-2024 RequiredForms Complete next to the Edit button in both the Contact Section and by each student in the Student Section. Please note you will not receive a confirmation email.
Cell Phone App
If you would like to complete the 2023-2024 Required Forms on a cell phone, please download the free Q ParentConnection app from the app store associated with your device. The title of the app is “Q ParentConnection.” Please note this is the only way to complete the Required Forms on a cell phone.
- Login to your ParentConnection account with your Parent ID and password.
- In the upper right-hand side of the screen, you will see three bars stacked on top of each other – select the three bars, then select the option “2023-2024 Required Forms.”
- Follow the directions listed under number four (4) above.
Back to School Night
Monday, Aug. 28th, 5-6:15pm
851 Santa Clara Avenue West
Back to School Night at Mountain View Elementary School! This occasion offers parents/caregivers a chance to meet our dedicated teachers and gain insights into the outstanding programs and curriculum we offer our students. This year's event will be different from years past as we extend our invitation to parents/caregivers only, aiming to create an environment conducive to meaningful discussions.
If you are unable to arrange childcare, worry not, as we will provide supervision on the playground during the event. Your cooperation and understanding in adhering to this arrangement are highly appreciated. We eagerly anticipate seeing you on this special evening!
August 28th: Back to School Night-
5:00-5:30 PreK- 3 Parents of students in grades Prek-3 visit primary classrooms
5:30-5:45 PreK-6 All parents of students in grades TK-6 meet in front of the stage for staff introductions.
5:45-6:15 4th-6th Grades Parents of students in grades 4-6 visit upper classrooms
TK/Kindergarten Meet and Greet (Save the date)
Friday, Aug. 25th, 9-10am
851 Santa Clara Avenue West
Preschool Meet and Greet (Save the Date)
Tuesday, Aug. 29th, 2pm
851 Santa Clara Avenue West
2:00 pm for AM class
2:30 for PM class
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
When will I find out who my child's teacher is?
You will be able to view your child's assigned teacher on Parent Connect on August 28th at 8:00 a.m. All placements are final. Our dedicated staff has put in significant effort to ensure the optimal placement for your child. At Mountain View, we are fortunate to have an exceptional team that takes pride in catering to your child's academic needs, learning styles, interpersonal dynamics, and various other aspects. We kindly request your confidence in our placement decision as adjustments will not be made. Your support in this matter is greatly appreciated. Should you require assistance with your Parent Connect login details, please feel free to contact the main office at 909-398-0308.
What is the school schedule? The schedule is located on our school website. Click here for the Bell Schedule.
What will arrival look like? Students may arrive to school at 7:50 a.m. However, if students would like breakfast, it will be served from 7:40-8:00 at the cafeteria tables. There will be supervision for breakfast tables. At 8:00 a.m., TK and kindergarten students will be allowed to go to the their classrooms. At 7:50 a.m. primary students in grades 1-3 will be allowed to go to the primary playground, and upper grade students in grades 4-6 will be allowed to go to the upper grade playground. At 8:05, when the warning bell rings, students will walk to their designated lines. There, they will be greeted by their teachers and escorted to class.
Parking is available at the Claremont Presbyterian Church across the street from our school. Please do not park in the staff parking lot as they spots are reserved for school employees. Thank you in advance for your support.
What will dismissal look like? ( maps to follow)
- Prek- 3rd students will be dismissed to their caregivers from the classrooms or assigned locations. There will be a map to follow as we get closer to the start of school. The primary parking lot will not be open during dismissal. Caregivers will need to park and walk to the assigned location. As a courtesy to Mountain View Families, The Claremont Presbyterian Church allows parents of children attending Mountain View Elementary School to park in their parking lot for drop-off and pick-up of children.
- 4th, 5th, and 6th grades: may be picked up from the pick-up lane.Safety First! We request that all drivers comply with these safety policies:
Follow the directional arrows.
Drive slowly and carefully, watching out for children and pedestrians.
Walk to and from campus using only sidewalks and crosswalk – DO NOT walk through or across the Mountain View parking lot.
Dispose of trash in the trash can.
Supervise children at all times.
*There will be a designated pick up area on the primary and upper sides for older siblings who walk to pick up younger siblings. We ask that all siblings wait in the designated locations
What time can my child pick-up breakfast? Breakfast will be served from 7:40- 8:00 a.m. There will be supervision for students eating breakfast at the cafeteria tables.
Is there a supply wish list? Yes, you can view the grade level wish list here: Supply Wish List
I am not receiving emails from the school. How can I be sure that you have my correct information? Please login to Parent Connect and update your information. Be sure to do this each time that there is a change with your email or phone number.
Will my child receive an iPad? All students will be assigned an iPad and charger. Each teacher will notify parents when iPads will be left at school or taken back and forth from home to school.
Will I be responsible for the iPad if any damages occur while in my possession? If an iPad is returned broken or no longer functioning, you will be responsible for the cost of a replacement device. Parents will be required to fill out a Device Check-Out form accepting financial responsibility for any lost or stolen CUSD property. An insurance policy covering any possible damage will be available to you if you choose to purchase it.
First Day of School
Wednesday, Aug. 30th, 8am
851 Santa Clara Avenue West
No School- Labor Day
Monday, Sep. 4th, 12am
This is an online event.
2023-2024 Student Calendar
In the case of an emergency, please contact the following:
Police/Emergency Services - 911
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - (800) 273-8255
Crisis Text Line - Text 741741
The Trevor Lifeline is a national 24-hour, toll free confidential suicide hotline for LGBTQ youth. Call 1-866-488-7386 24/7
Additionally, the following can be contacted if you find yourself in need of additional support at any time:
The California Warm Line - (855) 845-7415
Tri-City Mental Health is available for help NOW. Please see this link for all available services regardless of insurance:
Finally, the following is the information for the referral service that partners with Claremont Unified School District to provide connections for students and their families with mental health resources in the community. By contacting our referral service, one can easily connect with mental health care in the community that meets a variety of specific needs: insurance, location, time availability, price, and even specifications regarding the therapist that would be providing care. Care Solace is a completely confidential service, and very easy to use and can be accessed in more than a few ways:
To access the districts Wellness Resources please click here: