By: amber naef
Are you Swedish? Well I am and I have some facts, a recipe and a video to share with you. The video I am going to show you is Sweden's national anthem. The name of the video is DE GAMLA DE FRIA. The recipe is one that Swedish children love and is a party favorite.
Du Gamla Du Fria
WHEN AND WHY DID SWEDES COME TO AMERICA?
We had low costing farm land and high paying jobs. Also low taxes.
They came here in the 19th and early 20th.
- the population is 9.2 million
- between 1850 and 1910 more than 1 million people immigrated to the US
- the average women have their first child at 30
- Sweden has the the highest McDonald's in Europe
- religious reasons
- watch Donald Duck at Christmas
I am making No-Bake Chocolate Cookies.
- 1 1/2 c of quick cooking oatmeal
- 1/4 c of sugar
- 6 tbsp of butter, softened
- 2 tbsp of vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp of coffee
COMBINE BUTTER, SUGAR,OATS ( MIND YOU DON'T USE THE INSTANT PACKETS ), COCOA POWDER, VANILLA AND COFFEE.
ROLL INTO BALLS ABOUT THE SIZE OF A MEATBALL. ROLL BALLS INTO COCONUT OR PEARL SUGAR TO DECORATE.
YOU CAN EAT RIGHT AWAY, REFRIGERATE OR FREEZE.