Reiki Development Group
"Be the change that you wish to see in the world." -- Ghandi
What a powerhouse of warm, enthusiastic Reiki folks!
For those of you who were not able to make the first August meeting (and as a recap for those who were) I wanted to send out an overview of the numerous things we discussed.
For the initial meeting, we left the format a bit loose so we could define what each of us were seeking to get out of this group and also to brainstorm some potential discussion topics for the future. We also shared introductions and our Reiki stories.
Below are the guidelines we as a group agreed to adhere to, the list of topics we are interested in exploring and information about the upcoming meeting next week!
- To operate from a place of cooperation, not competition. As individuals and as a group we will interact to enhance and build the Reiki community as a whole from a place of love and mutual respect.
- To create a space that is non-judgmental and confidential so we can feel safe sharing personal matters and our views.
- To respect and honor each other regardless of their Reiki lineage or how they choose to practice Reiki.
- To be an internal and external source for collaborative efforts within the healing arts
- To become a known entity and positive community presence that gives back through service
So much good stuff... where to even start??
* Transitional Reiki (Death Midwifery and Hospice)
* Shielding and Protecting
* Working with trauma (techniques, skills and opportunities)
* Reiki for Cancer and Chemo
* Specialized energetic healing techniques
* Animal Reiki
* Reiki and Crystal Healing (possible guest speaker?)
* Reproductive Reiki (pregnancy, postpartum, infertility, spirit babies, etc.)
* Working with spiritual entities and guides
* Developing Intuition
* Reiki and Activism
* Boysen Scanning
* Reiki Ethics: Permission, Reciprocity, Conflicts of Interest, etc.
* The Reiki Principles as a Spiritual Practice
The topic for next week:
Upcoming Meeting: DISTANCE REIKI
Wednesday, Sep. 21st, 6:30-8:30pm
819 Haywood Road
LET'S HONOR WORLD PEACE DAY BY CREATING SOME SERIOUS LIGHT!
* Please bring YOUR favorite distance Reiki technique to share with others and any challenges you have had with this technique
* Your Reiki hands, water bottle, notebook and comfy clothes
* A photo/situation/event that we can collectively send Reiki to
(Please obtain prior permission when known people are involved)
Short guided meditation to open the circle
Share your distance Reiki techniques and learn from others!
Create space (brief guided meditation) to send distance Reiki to designated recipients/situations
Reiki ON! (Great time to try out a new technique shared from earlier!)
Release/Disconnect/ Let Go
Moment of gratitude and grounding
Process experience and choose next month's topic
Can't wait to see you all there!
RSVPs are enabled for this event.