Organs and Functions
- Gallbladder: Stores concentrated bile.
- Heart: Pumps blood through the body.
- Kidney: Extract waste from the blood.
- Liver: Secretes bile that ends up back in the intestines.
- Pancreas: Converts food into fuel for the body.
- Small Intestine: Absorbs nutrients and minerals from the food passing through.
- Large Intestine: Absorbs water from the food that wasn't digested by the small intestine.
- Stomach: Break down food for digestion.
- Esophagus: To carry food and saliva from the mouth to the Stomach.
- Rectum: Dispose of waste.
- Claspers: Helps transmit sperm.
- Lateral Line: where the sense organs are located.
- Gills: Transfer of ions and water.
Sub Phylum- Vertebrata
- Life Span:
The life expectancy of a Spiny Dog Fish Shark can range any where from 25- 100 years.
The Spiny Dogfish Shark stays in water that is between 45°F - 59°F and they are mostly bottom feeders.