- Monday, 8/31: Counseling PLC from 12:30-3:30 (McCutcheon & Moscaritolo)
- Tuesday, 8/25: GradPoint training from 8-12 (Saine & Hawkins)
Also, check out the athletics calendar for a list of events & activities for this week.
- Congratulations to the JCCHS Football team for their 48-23 victory over Madison County!
- Please be sure to continue your support of Panther Pride by attending the Community Pep Rally Wednesday (see below for details).
- SLO pre-assessments are now complete. Ms. Phillips & Mr. Simpson will be getting with you soon to verify answer keys, grade, and enter scores into Campus. We are also going to begin making up students who missed their pre-SLO this week.
- There are currently opportunities for JCCHS teachers to pursue their Gifted Endorsement and/or ESOL Endorsement. If you are interested, please see us.
- Northeast Georgia RESA will also be offering the P-12 Reading Endorsement with the first course beginning on October 5. Again, please talk to us if you are interested.
- If you have any old, appropriate t-shirts at home we would be happy to put them to good use for correcting dress code issues. You can bring those to Kayla in the front office. Thanks!
A cool tool for you to check out...
From Richard Byrne at Free Technology for Teachers:
There is certainly not a shortage of online tools for distributing quizzes to students and watching their responses in realtime. Formativeis the latest online quiz and feedback service that I have tested.
Formative provides you with a place to create online classrooms. Your students join your classroom by entering the assigned class code after registering on the Formative website. Once your classroom is established you can begin distributing assignments to students. Assignments can be as simple as one question exit tickets like "what did you learn today?" to complex quizzes that use a combination of multiple choice, short answer, and true/false questions. You can assign point values to questions or leave them as ungraded questions. You can also enable or disable instant feedback for students. When you give an assignment to students through Formative you can watch their responses in realtime.
The best feature of Formative is the option to create "show your work" questions. "Show your work" questions enables students to draw responses and or upload pictures as responses to your questions. When you use this question type students will see a blank canvas directly below the question. On that canvas they can draw and or type responses.
Try GoFormative.com for Gathering Feedback from Students