Ms. Rodriguez's Rising Stars!
For the parents of my second grade class.
Welcome to Second Grade!
Hello all, my name is Ms. Rodriguez and I am your child's second grade teacher for the year. I am a recent graduate of the University of Houston and I am excited to spend my first year teaching your amazing children! I hope that I can make this a memorable year for both you, the parents/guardians, and your children. I look forward to meeting you all sometime this year and to get to know each and every one of your children. I have attached my contact information to this newsletter if any of you ever need to get in contact with me. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
Lets have an AWESOME year! :)
Just a Couple of Things to Start the Year off Right!
Dress Code Policies:
- Shirts must be solid colors. They can be either polo or oxford style shirts and must always be tucked in. Shirts must be modest.
- Pants or shorts must be khaki, navy or black. They must be loose fit and knee-length or longer. Cargo shorts are not allowed and they must always wear a belt.
- Sweaters must also be solid colors unless they are school related. They must fit appropriately and should be worn with a standard dress shirt underneath.
- Students must always wear a belt and try to avoid oversized accessories.
- Students must stay away from casual shoes like flip flops or house shoes. Socks must be solid and matching.
These policies have been made for the good of your children in order to help them focus on their education which it the most important thing to the teachers and the administration of the school.
Classroom Rules and Policies:
- Rule 1: Have FUN!
- Rule 2: Students are only allowed to speak or get up if they raise their hand and get permission from the teacher.
- Rule 3: Students are expected to stay focused, be on their best behavior and not cause problems with other students or teachers.
- Rule 4: Students are expected to be ready for class every morning and to always be responsible.
- Rule 5: Students are expected to be respectful, kind, helpful and to work as a team to have a great school year.
- Rule 6: Most importantly, students are expected to always do their BEST.
Meet and Greet coming up!
Our Meet and Greet will be on Thursday September 1, 2016 from 5 to 8 pm. This is a great opportunity for you all to come out and meet the teachers your children will be having this year. I will be in attendance that night and I am baking my famous brownies for all of those who come. If any of you would like to come and have a chat about what we will be doing in our class this year, I would love to have you. You will also have a chance to hear from our superintendent about how our district is doing from 5 to 6 pm as well as meeting our principal and our assistant principal. Hope to see you all there!
Field Trip to the Zoo!
To start the year off right, all the second grade teachers have teamed up to make a field trip for our students possible. The field trip is scheduled to be September 22, 2016 and we will leave campus at around 10 am and return at around 2 pm. Throughout the first six weeks of school, our students will be learning about different animals, how they live and what they eat and we are hoping that this field trip will allow them to learn and allow them to have fun as well.
If any of you all would like to come with us, we would love to have you! Two weeks before the event we will send a permission slip home with our students that will also include a parent participation waiver, simply return the permission slip and the waiver and you will be set to go with us on our adventure!