Notre Dame News
I will give thanks to your name , O Lord, for it is good. (Psalm 54.6)
September 24: No school (PD Day)
September 30: Orange Shirt Day/National Day for Truth and Reconciliation
- Students ... please remember to bring your own masks each day. We are providing disposal masks to those students who forget, but our supplies are limited and we are noticing several students are requesting masks daily. Thank you for your help!
Counselling/Student Supports: Mental Health Team
- SR Boys volleyball @ Lindsay Thurber - 6:00pm
- SR Girls Volleyball @ Lindsay Thurber - to follow the boys game
September 23, 2021
- JV Boys volleyball Host Lindsay Thurber - 6:00pm
- JV Girls volleyball Host Lindsay Thurber - to follow the boys game
September 24, 2021
- SR Football @ Lacombe - 4:30pm Kick Off - ME Global Athletic Park
September 25, 2021
- JV Football host Hunting Hills - 1:30pm Kick Off - Great Chief Park
Student ID's - If you haven't gotten a Student ID yet (or are needing a replacement) please see Ms. Dinan at the textbook window. Replacements cost $5.00.
Manga Collection: The LC is expanding it's Manga collection! If you have a favourite series or one you'd love to read, recommend it for purchase by writing it on the wipeboard in the LC (beside the Manga collection), chatting with Ms. Dinan directly, or filling out this Google Form (please insert link https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdOUJckWvD9aTj0apbj0PFOp2PmFSMiW0YidCjEKPdxb4T8gg/viewform?usp=sf_link).
- Book Club Kick-Off - Monday, September 20th
- Radius Productions Kick-Off - Tuesday, September. 21st
- Tech Tuesdays - Weekly at Lunch
- D & D Club - Every Wednesday at Lunch
- Board Game Cafe - Every Friday at Lunch
MUSICAL THEATRE AUDITIONS
Auditions: Monday, September 20 & Tuesday, September 21 from 3:45-5:30 in the Fine Arts Room (1608/1618)
Radius is a student-led organization where students can participate at various levels to assemble and publish student writing and visual artwork. Are you creative?… then come to the meeting! We need editors for writing, images, graphics layouts, but most importantly we need students to contribute their work. Come to the first meeting to see if it’s something you might want to try!
Ask Mrs Vandermeer or Mrs Dinan for more info.
Are you Interested in learning to tint lashes/brows, lash extensions, brow lamination, gel polish application? These are just a few of the things you could learn by taking an esthetic course next semester. Meet in Room 1616 (COS Lab) Tuesday, September 21 at noon for more information .
Apply Alberta Sessions - Grade 12 students - sign up is required!
The current schedule is as follows:
- Session 1: Monday, September 20: 3:30 pm - 4:30 pm
- Session 2: Tuesday, September 21: 3:30 pm - 4:30 pm
- Session 3: Tuesday, September 28: 11:30 am - 12:30 pm
All sessions will take place in the Learning Commons AND online. Students must sign up in advance as space will be limited to 20 students per session. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M1t5geUoG_Oze4am9lfKU1l6n2qBdVsskOHnyaF1rZg/edit?usp=sharing Once you have signed up for a session, for those students planning to participate on line, the Google meeting ID will be emailed to you. If you have any questions, please contact Ms. Halter (firstname.lastname@example.org). Most post secondary applications open on October 1!
Grade 12 Scholarship Information Session
Submitting your Application to the University of Alberta
The University of Alberta has over 200 undergraduate program options, $34 million in scholarships and awards, 450+ student groups and clubs, award-winning teachers and researchers, and an amazing student body!
This information session will give students an opportunity to learn more about programs, campus life, admission requirements, and upcoming events for prospective students.
Join online and learn how to submit an application for admission to U of A! This session will begin with a short presentation and will be followed by a Q & A with a UAlberta Advisor.
- Monday, September 27: 5:00 - 6:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, September 29: 5:00 - 6:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 6: 5:00 - 6:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, December 7: 5:00 - 6:00 p.m.
To register, click: https://www.ualberta.ca/admissions/undergraduate/tours-and-events/index.html
University of Alberta Info Session - For Notre Dame Students Only!
Red Deer Polytechnic’s Building on Excellence: Fall 2022
To apply, email your Detailed Academic Record or transcript and an up-to-date email address and phone number to email@example.com starting October 1, 2021. These awards are limited - students are encouraged to apply early!
My Pass Accounts
Note: It is VERY IMPORTANT that you use a PERSONAL email for myPass. After June, your rdcrs student account will not longer be active for graduates. Using a personal email ensures you will continue to have access to key information moving forward.