Port Moody Recreation Complex & Weight Room
Where is it?
Photo from http://www.portmoody.ca/index.aspx?page=294
Tell Me More About It...
According to http://www.portmoody.ca/index.aspx?page=294 , these are the hours of operation. They can be contacted by calling the following phone number
Regular Hours of Operation
September 6 to July 3
Monday to Friday 6:00am to 10:00pm
Saturday/Sunday 8:00am to 9:00pm
Summer Hours of Operation
July 4 to September 5
Monday to Friday 6:00am to 9:00pm
Saturday 8:00am to 8:00pm
Sunday 8:00am to 6:00pm
What Can I Do There?
Some of the activities that are offered are:
- Curling - There are lessons available (Learn to Curl 1 and Learn to Curl 2) with very experienced instructors. The price varies depending on how many lessons. If you don't want to take lessons, you can go in for drop-in sessions for $10.00 on Sunday at 10:00am-12:00pm during September 25 to November 20.
- Skating - The centre offers community skating for various prices depending on your age, for more information check their website. http://www.portmoody.ca/index.aspx?page=1306 They also offer skating lessons with experienced instructors at multiple levels. General price of $37.50 for 5 sessions.
Skate Admissions Single
Children (Under 13) $2.35
Drop-in Adult Hockey $6.15
Family Skate (each) $2.60
Parent & Tot $4.70
Specialty Skates $3.50
Skate Rentals $3.65
Skate Sharpening $5.65
Helmet Rental $2.35
- Hockey - Various hockey programs are offered at the centre where you can join a team and play in a league.
- Fitness and Weight Room Drop-In Sessions - To accommodate your schedule, the complex offers drop-in sessions in the spinning centre, aerobics studio, and Parklane Fitness Centre.
- Other Programs - For children up to age 5, they have the Polygon Homes Child Play Centre. They also offer scheduled Barre, Yoga, and Pilates Programs, Strength Training Programs, Dance Workouts and Active Aging Programs.
- Personal Training - Port Moody offers personal trainers based on 60 minute sessions.
- Open Track and Courts - They also offer a track and various tennis courts / badminton courts for your leisure.
- Leisure Access Program - They believe that everyone should have access to recreation activities. Those with low-income can be eligible to access the recreation programs and services with a reduced cost.
For more activities and pricing, they recommend you check out their latest "Happening Guide."
* There is a cost for drop-in activities based on the activity of choice. In the Summer, an unlimited $20 drop-in pass is offered for youth ages 0-18.
Up Coming Events
Pro-D Day Toonie Skate
Friday, Oct. 21st, 1-3pm
300 Ioco Road
Port Moody, BC
Sunday, Oct. 30th, 1-4:15pm
300 Ioco Road
Port Moody, BC
Is It Safe?
In terms of safety, CSA-approved helmets are required for children 12 and under in the skating rinks, children are required to wear a helmet with a cage for Stick & Puck sessions, and certified first-aid trained instructors are present during lessons. The complex is conveniently located near the Port Moody Fire Hall and Eagle Ridge Hospital in case of an emergency.