May 2nd - May 7th
REFLECTIVE QUESTION FROM OUR SUPERINTENDENT DR. JANNEY
STUDENTS CHECKING THEIR OWN LEXILE.
There are students who want to know their exile level but do not know how to access the information on Achieve. We will soon be administering the final Lexile test for the year. For right now, you might want to do this with your advisory classes on your projector and have students follow along. Its also a great resource that students don't always access. This page gives the students information about different careers and what reading level they must have in order to enter that field.
You can see the screen shot below:
Students can see their Lexile by going to top right hand corner >Resources>Career Center>
From there they can explore careers and they will see their lexile and a thermometer type visual on where their lexile is compared to that career.
Once they choose a top career, there is a link on their homepage they can easily click on each month to see their new Lexile.
WEEK AT A GLANCE
- ASB Elections Week
- meeting with 7th grade students during advisory (Students who will be invited to summer school)
- Ms. Gracias working on master schedule (Moss Street) (9:00 am - 12:00 pm)
- Performance Tasks being administered in Science Classrooms
- ASB Handing out wrist bands during lunch
- Credit Recovery and tutoring after school