Electrical Safety:

How to stay safe in the kitchen


  1. Having water close to plug ins
  2. Damage to electrical cords
  3. Tugging on the cords
  4. Overloading polarized plugs

What to do...

Remember.. water and electricity don't mix! Use outlets correctly. Don't tug, staple or burn your cord. Use outlets only for what they are supposed to be used for.

First Aid

  • Don't touch the person being shocked
  • Turn off the power, pull plug or pull person away with cloth loop
  • Administer CPR if qualified and call medical help