Panda Family News
We Learn. We Collaborate. We Celebrate.
Our #PES1920 school year is coming to a close and not the way any of us imagined. We have all stepped into new roles these past few months to collaborate and support our Pandas. Thank you for your flexibility, support, and dedication to the #PandaFamily. I am #PandaProud of you all!
- June 8th: 9AM-4PM will be our material pick up day. Please enter the carpool loop and remain in your car. Staff will bring out any materials (items from desk, yearbooks, class pictures). If you have any library books or items from your teacher you may return them to the designated drop area. We will NOT be collecting student laptop devices at this time. We have 21 yearbooks left to purchase and will sell on a first come first serve basis. Please let staff know if you are interested in purchasing one tomorrow.
- June 8th: 6:30PM Zoom Meeting for Rising 5th Graders at Horton Middle School
- June 9th: 10AM-12PM 4th Grade Clap Out in the PES carpool loop.
- June 9th: 6PM Zoom Schoolwide EOY Meeting & PTA Elections - If you have any questions that we can address, please submit them here: Panda Family Feedback and Question Form Join Zoom Meeting https://zoom.us/j/97876829823?pwd=R2dsMytxdWtlalBLbE1zMlpZQm9rQT09 Meeting ID: 978 7682 9823 Password: RS7980
- June 10th: Half-day - Last day of #PES1920 school year
- June 11th: Progress Letters will be emailed out or placed in the mail.
- Thank you to the donations last week to help us begin clearing our cafeteria balance. There is still time to show some #PandaLove and help us clear the remaining $2000. If you would like to help a #PandaFamily member clear their account you can make a donation here. We have included more detailed directions here. Thank you for your support!
- The county is finalizing plans for a Virtual Summer Camp to support students in Reading and Math. Please be sure to read your child's progress letter for more information if this is a service we are preparing to offer to your child.
Please continue to #StaySafe and wish us well as we plan for the #PES2021 school year with guidance from the state and county offices. We will share information with you as soon as we know. For now, enjoy your summer and make some #PandaMemories.
Wishing you well #PandaFamily,
**All things #VirtualPanda and #CCSAtHome can be found on our PES At Home Website**
Things to Check Out
- CCS Family Survey for At Home Learning - still time to complete, due 6/11
- CCS Summer Learning Challenge
- PreK and Kindergarten Registration
Parents and guardians, when our campuses closed due to the coronavirus pandemic, our educators continued serving students through at-home learning. Please use the following link to access the survey about the at-home learning experience of your students. Paper copies can be requested by calling your child’s school. The survey closes June 11. Your input will help inform our plans for the 2020-21 school year. The recently passed North Carolina Senate Bill 704 requires each school district in North Carolina to develop a remote-learning plan for the 2020-21 school year. We will share more information once our plan is finalized. We appreciate your support during these unprecedented times: bit.ly/2XGAqE7
2020 CCS Reach 20 Summer Learning Challenge
Print off your Summer Learning Challenge Log. If you need a copy please call and request one from our main office.
Did you know that students who read 20 minutes daily over the summer have up to 85% more retention of learning than students who do not read each day? We are challenging all CCS K-8th grade students to read for at least 20 minutes a day this summer. Students who complete the learning log will receive a prize when they return to school. Students who reach the full 20 hours of time in the challenge will receive a grand prize.
Please return the form to your child’s school in August. Once forms have been collected; prizes will be distributed. Have a great summer full of reading!
Get Summer Resources Here: https://www.chatham.k12.nc.us/domain/1798
Kindergarten Registration link for 2020-2021 has opened. Please use the link below to register.
Mrs. Berry will need 2 proofs of residency (copy of driver license and a bill), copies of birth certificate, immunizations, and a Kindergarten Health Assessment completed by your child's physician. The Health Assessment can wait until we return to school. Documents can be scanned and emailed to email@example.com. No worries if you are unable to scan, Mrs. Berry can catch the paperwork up later. If you have any questions regarding registration, please email her.
We are still accepting pre-k applications but due to this crisis there are changes to how we are distributing and accepting applications. A zoom video is available at our PES School Website with important details. Student must be 4 years old by August 31st, 2020. Make sure every paper is completely filled out, answer every question. Select which slot you are applying for Private pay, NCPREK, or Title 1 slot, you can pick multiple. Attach documentation required: Income Verification, copy of birth certificate, copy of shot records, copy of proof of residency, health assessment if available. When application is complete, mail it to our Pre-k Director. Spanish speaker is available. You can email us with questions.
Miss Lisa Kundig: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Kelly Rau: email@example.com
Cindy King, MSA, NBCT, B-K, K-6
PreK Instructional Program Facilitator
7945 Silk Hope Gum Springs Road
Siler City, NC 27344
919-663-3610 ext 1