Fourth Grade News
Mrs. Spencer's Class - Week of 12/21
Wishing you and yours a magical & enjoyable holiday season! Thank you for partnering with me to make this a fantastic school year for your child. Happy Holidays to you & yours!
Popcorn & Mad Libs Gathering with Our 2nd Grade Buddies
Updates & Announcements:
Special Dress Up Days This Week:
- PJ Day: On Tuesday, we'll be having a special Cozy Readathon. Your child is welcome to wear PJs/ "comfy" clothes on Tuesday. He or she may also bring a small pillow or stuffed pal for reading time.
- Festive Wear: On Wednesday, we have our schoolwide Sing Along & Jingle BINGO. Your child may choose to wear holiday/ festive apparel on Wednesday. Time to bust out the holiday sweaters! ;)
Hoops for Heart Program: **Your child will get a packet of information to bring home about this program from Mr. Hamm this week. All "hoop time" will take place during PE class at school.** We will kick off our Hoops For Heart program in P.E. this week and our school’s event is right around the corner! This is a fun and exciting event for our 3rd and 4th grade as we work together to raise money for the American Heart Association and save lives!
Your students will be telling you about the Lifesaver puppies, so we wanted to fill you in! Each puppy teaches the kids a new way to protect their heart and avoid risk factors for heart disease and stroke. Your student can earn all 6!
If you raise $5 your student will get Super Pup at school now. If that donation is made online they will also get a second puppy, Ninja Star. Any student who reaches $85 online will get Martia N. Mutley.
You can sign up now but following these quick easy steps and get started raising money and saving lives!
1. Go to www.heart.org/hoops
2. Choose Minnesota and then Kasson. Then enter “K” in the first letter of your school.
3. Select Kasson-Mantorville Elementary and join the team.
You can also use the Jump/Hoops App to ask friends and family to support you! Follow the link below to download the App! It is super easy and fun!
Thank you so much for supporting our school and the American Heart Association. You are making a big difference! Thank you for being a Heart Hero!
Remember, IXL is a fabulous resource for practice over break!
This Week's Objectives:
- We are writing a persuasive paragraph about a debate topic from Storyworks.
- We are reading Letters Home from Yosemite and writing our own postcards.
- We are practicing building fluency with a partner.
- We are building reading stamina and practicing CAFE (Comprehension, Accuracy, Fluency, Expanding Vocabulary) strategies for reading.
- We are solving extended multiplication facts.
- We are developing our understanding of multidigit multiplication & playing the game "Multiplication Wrestling."
- We are building our speed and accuracy with basic multiplication and division facts. Encourage daily practice at home!
Science & Social Studies:
- We are learning about different types of circuits and completing various circuit construction challenges.
- Students are finishing final drafts of state reports and physical maps of our states.
- We are taking part in a "Mystery State Skype" activity with Mr. Naylor's class.
Electricity Explorations - More to Come This Week!
Wishing you a wonderful week & holiday season!
Please contact me with any questions or comments.