Arcola Weekly Update
Week of 10/12/20
Stay tuned for the Board meeting next week Tuesday as the hybrid plan will be announced and it will be important for you to see all options.
Thank you and have a wonderful weekend!
The school year is off to a great start despite the challenges of the virtual learning environment and your school counselors want you to know that we are here to help empower, encourage, and inspire your child!
Now that we are almost a month in the school year, are you looking for ways to help your child with studying, doing better on tests, or becoming a better reader/writer? We have a number of guides available here: http://www.parent-institute.com/ep/?x02752232. Also check out the Counseling Resources page at: https://www.methacton.org/Page/478 for more information on a large number of topics such as ADHD, anxiety, study skills, etc.
Finally, next Wednesday is Unity Day/Stop Bullying Day. This campaign was designed to raise awareness of the long-lasting effects that bullying has on children and change the perception that bullying is just a part of growing up. As we know, so much of bullying now takes place online, also known as cyberbullying. Does your teen have the tools needed to handle cyberbullying? Check out this article in Psychology Today: https://www.psychologytoday.com/intl/blog/shame-nation/201809/does-your-teen-have-tools-handle-cyberbullying.
MWM for the week...
Be the light for someone and shine!
- The Methacton School District will be upgrading their Internet service in preparation for a hybrid return of students. This Internet bandwidth upgrade will double our capacity and allow us to burst to 10Gig as needed. In order to accomplish this upgrade, the district is conducting the service cutover scheduled for Sunday October 18, 2020 from 9:00 Am. to 4:00Pm. There will be service outage for students and staff. We will post a notice on the district website when service upgrade is complete.
- If you plan to come to school in the hybrid model it is imperative that you have a district issued chromebook to work in school. There are many families who have not picked-up the district issued chromebook and should make arrangements to do so at the Farina Education Center. (M-F 7:30 to 4:00.)
- Tech resources list below:
- Let us know if you need help
- All assignments should be submitted via google Classroom
- Check Power School for your grades
- Work hard and be present daily
- Make sure to move your body and drink lots of water