Admin Fire Services Chief Officer
Certificate of Achievement (Transcripted)
Program of Study
The Administrative Fire Services, Chief Officer Certificate is designed to prepare students for careers as chief officers. This program meets the requirements of the California Fire Chiefs' Association and the Chief Officer Certification track of the California State Fire Marshall.
Program Learning Outcomes for Fire Administration Certificate of Achievement
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate skills and knowledge that is expected in upper-level management positions within the fire service through the application of leadership, management, and ethical decision-making models.
- Develop mission-specific goals and strategies to support executive leadership in fire department daily operations as well as all-risk emergency situations.
- Analyze intergovernmental and public relationships between city, county, state and federal agencies and how they relate to emergency and non-emergency public safety coordination.
Major Course Requirements for the Administrative Fire Services Chief Officer Certificate of Achievement
- FOT 146 Fire Management 2A: Organizational Development and Human Relations 0.5 * **
- FOT 147 Fire Management 2B: Fire Service Financial Management 0.5 * **
- FOT 148 Fire Management 2C: Personnel and Labor Relations 0.5 * **
- FOT 149 Fire Management 2D: Strategic Planning 0.5 * **
- FOT 150 Fire Management 2E: Ethics and the Challenge of Leadership 0.8 * **
- FOT 151 Fire Command 2A: Command Tactics at Major Fires 0.8 * **
- FOT 152 Fire Command 2B: Management of Major Hazardous Materials Incidents 0.8 * **
- FOT 153 Fire Command 2C: High-Rise Fire Fighting Tactics 0.8 * **
- FOT 154 Fire Command 2D: Planning for Large Scale Disasters 0.8 * **
- FOT 155 Fire Command 2E: Wildland Fire Fighting Tactics 0.8 * **
In addition, select a minimum of 9 units from the following list (classes in this area may be substituted with similar classes): Units
- FTC 101 Fire Protection Organization 3
- FTC 102 Fire Behavior and Combustion 3
- FTC 103 Personal Fire Safety 3
- FTC 104 Fire Prevention Technology 3 *
- FTC 105 Building Construction for Fire Protection 3 *
- FTC 106 Fire Protection Equipment and Systems 3 *
- FTC 121 Physical Fitness for Public Safety Personnel 3
- FTC 121L Physical Fitness for Public Safety Personnel - Performance and Assessment 0.3
- FAC 060 Basic Fire Academy 12 Total * **
*Selective enrollment. Course prerequisites must be fulfilled.
** Additional fees are required for California Fire Service Training and Education System course completion certificates.
Santa Ana College Fire Technology Program
Mission Statement: The Santa Ana College Fire Technology Department serves a diverse community of students. The program provides students the opportunity to develop the technical, academic and professional competencies required for fire and emergency service professions, as well as transfer to higher educational institutions. The department is committed to developing civic leaders that advocate, champion and engage in the ethical administration of public policy.
We are located in the Caesar Chavez Building- Room A-113