January Music News
ES, Kindergarten, First Grade, Second Grade
- Learned to sing an echo song, "Good Morning"
- Played a suspenseful game with the rhyme, "Ice Cream, a Penny a Lump"
- Used bells to play a song, "One Little Owl, One Little Star"
- Used scarves to create movements with the recording, "The Funky Penguin"
- Sang "Fifteen Miles." We then made a steady beat to march fifteen steps.
- Played "Vegetable Goop." The children sang a rhyme, then picked a card with a letter. They then clapped a word that begins with the picked letter.
- Learned high, middle, and low pitches to sing the song, "Magic Words." We then added percussion instruments for a class performance.
- Sang the song, "Martin Luther King" for a performance in the Hilpert Room.
- Learned the song, "The Queen of Hearts." We extended our vocal range by adding the notes re and do. After learning the song, we added a variety of percussion instruments for a class performance.
- Learned a crossover percussion technique with the song, "There Was an Old Woman."