Invigorating the Educational Spirit
WE ARE A STEAM SCHOOL
STEAM stands for "Science, Technology, Education, Art, and Math"
Ardmore Elementary School's Motto: Be Ready! Be Responsible! Be Respectful!
September 2017 Volume 3 Issue 1
September 6 - First Day for All Students
September 12 & 13 - MAP Reading Test Administration (4th and 5th Grades)
September 12 - Back to School Night (Primary Grades)
September 13 - Back to School Night (Intermediate Grades)
September 19 & 20 - MAP Reading Test Administration (2nd and 3rd Grades)
September 21 - Rosh Hashanah
September 26 - Picture Day
September 29 - GrandParents Day
September 29 - Professional Development (2-Hour Early Dismissal for Students)
September 30 - Yom Kippur
October 19 - Diwali
October 20 - Professional Development (School Closed for Students)
October 30 - Professional Development (2-Hour Early Dismissal for Students)
November 3 - Professional Development (2-Hour Early Dismissal for Students)
Please support our fundraiser! Fundraiser money is due Monday, October 2, 2017.
The mandatory uniform policy outlines the policy for school uniforms. The policy is based on a positive approach, including Incentives to ensure student compliance. These incentives include free dress down days and incentives designated by the school. Parents are informed well in advance of special dress days, i.e. Spirit Week, Picture Day, etc. Newly enrolled students are given seven school days to purchase and begin wearing the uniform.
Non-compliance: If a student is non compliant, corrective action will be taken. Corrective action includes a parent notification, parent conference, and finally, an option for the student to be reassigned to a school without a mandatory school uniform policy. Please note that in the event your child is reassigned to another school, transportation will not be provided. After three compliance violations, the reassignment process will take place. Further details will be addressed under separate notification.
Check out the School Uniform Policy link for more information.
ARRIVAL and DISMISSAL PROCEDURES
Please adhere to the following guidelines concerning the arrival and dismissal of students.
These guidelines are effective throughout the entire school year.
- The driveway begins at the street level. Vehicles are not permitted to enter the driveway from 7:25 a.m. - 8:00 a.m. and from 1:25 p.m. to 2:10 p.m.
- Parking is permitted on the eastern side of the driveway only .
- The western lane is the parking lot bound lane. It is appropriately marked with the Fire Lane signs.
- Parking is not permitted in striped lined areas, rounded curbs, and in the stretch of driveway leading to the red banisters.
- Parents must use the car lane only. Bus lanes are off limits for vehicles.
- Students are to exit vehicles from the passenger side only.
- Vehicles must be in the park position in order for students to disembark at the curb inside the car lane.
- Parents may enter the driveway as late as 7:25 a.m. Students attending Before and After Care must enter school before 7:30 a.m.
- U-Turns are not permitted in the middle of the parking lot or driveway at any time.
- Parents are encouraged to use the western lane of the street, allowing students to walk up the sidewalk.
Our goal is to ensure safe passage for all students, staff, parents, and guardians.
Thank you for your utmost support!
Due to a recent change in policy (Administrative Procedure 4215), commercial background checks can no longer be utilized for field trips.
SCHOOL LUNCH PRICES
(Pre K through Grade 5)
Reduced Price Breakfast - No Cost To Students
Full Price Breakfast - $1.60 (Daily) $8.00 (Weekly) $32.00 (Monthly)
Reduced Price Lunch - No Cost To Students
Full Price Lunch - $2.75 (Daily) $13.75 (Weekly) $55.00 (Monthly)
HOW TO PAY LUNCH MEALS
MySchoolBucks, owned and operated by Heartland Payment Systems, is an online payment service that provides parents with the ability to securely pay for meals, monitor student cafeteria purchases, make tuition payments for Before and After School Extended Learning programs, and receive email notifications for low account balances. With MySchoolBucks, payments can be made 24/7 using a Visa, MasterCard, Discover, credit or debit card, and mobile app.
Parents or guardians may also pay by cash, cashier's check or money order.
Send payment to your school's cafeteria staff so your child's account may be updated.
Please email Mrs. Herring at email@example.com if you are encountering technical difficulties.
STUDENT CONTACT INFORMATION
Student contact information forms were sent home to all students during the first week of school. Parents/guardians must sign and return the form to the homeroom teacher.
BACK TO SCHOOL BULLETIN BOARDS
ARDMORE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Email Address: email@example.com