North Elementary School- October 15, 2015
DUTIES FOR THE WEEK OF October 19
SPECIAL CLASS: Week 3
BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION/LOUNGE DUTY: Fariba, Cathy, Amanda
YEE HAWS!!!!! = 7
Calendar of Events
Thursday, October 15
- Grading Window Opens at 7:00 am
- Staff Appreciation Breakfast at Miller Center at 7:30 am (Nicole Jenkins attending)
- Elementary Principals' Meeting from 8:00-11:30 am (Barb) at BOE
- Earthquake Drill at 10:15 am
- Literacy Mini Lesson Update Presentation (K-1) at 4:15 pm at Dix Road
- PTO Fall Festival Committee Meeting at 5:00 pm in the office
Friday, October 16
- Conference Notes sent home
Saturday, October 17
- Happy Birthday, Cecilia Gehlert!
Sunday, October 18
- Happy Birthday, Patty Christensen!
October 19-October 23: National School Bus Safety Week
Monday, October 19
- End of First Quarter
- IEP (5W) at 8:05 am in the office
- Staffing (2M) at 3:15 pm in the office
- Literacy Mini Lesson Update Presentation (2-3) at 4:15 pm at Dix Road
Tuesday, October 20
- Blue Ribbon Writing Party at 9:00 am in room 110
- Julie Stoehr and Barb meet with Joe Martin, new Technology Coordinator at 1:00 pm in the office
Wednesday, October 21
- Grading window closes at 7:00 am
- School Bus Evacuation Drills- During morning drop off
- Early Release at 1:00 pm (See specials and lunch changes)
Thursday, October 22
- Pay Day
- Board of Education Tour of North School from 8:30-9:30 am
- Parent- Teacher Conferences and Book Fair from 3:00-7:00 pm
- Staffing (3G) at 5:00 pm in Kourtney's room
Friday, October 23
- Fall Parties for grades K-1
- First Grade to Fischer Farms from 9:00-10:30 am (There will be special class changes)
- Kindergarten to Fischer Farms from 12:00-1:30 pm (There will be special class changes)
- Blue Ribbon Writing Papers due to Fariba by 3:00 pm
Happy October Birthday to:
18- Patty Christensen
27- Katie Hudson
31- Lyndsey Reynders
Missing Respect Book
Students Arriving Late to Class
November Staff Appreciation Breakfast
The posting window closes at 7:00 am on Wednesday, October 21. Please do not wait until the 21st. You will have time to look over your grade cards for any errors before conferences if they are posted and printed earlier. It is a lot easier to make changes to the grade cards while the window is still open than when the window is closed!
If you get your grade cards and notice something that looks missing on special class sections, please see Laura, Kim or Amy. They cannot check grade cards once they enter items and so they count on you to look those over for them.
Please keep in mind, beginning on Monday, October 19, the office copier needs to be for printing grade cards. Please use the workroom copier October 19- 22.
Brag Tags Needed forms (for Cissy) and Assembly Notices (for parents) are in your mailboxes. The end of the quarter is Monday, October 19.
- I will have perfect attendance lists for you on Monday, October 19. After you receive the perfect attendance list, please complete the "Brag Tags Needed" sheet for Cissy by Wednesday, October 21.
- Email the names of students earning all awards to Barb by Wednesday, October 21. (You do not have to email perfect attendance winner names.)
- Assembly notes go home on Friday, October 23 with all students receiving at least one brag tag.
Kim Silvey, Amy Backes, Laura, and Julie Stoehr- If you have any brag tags to give, go ahead and give the brag tag to the student and be sure that I have the list of names by Wednesday, October 21.
Early Release on October 21
I have altered the specials and lunch schedules for early dismissal days. A copy of the schedule is in your mailbox. Staff who have a lunch or recess duty, please be sure to look at the schedule. Duty times may have changed slightly.
Plan to meet in the library at 1:15 to begin our early release professional development. Classroom teachers, you are receiving an email about some math and ela questions you need to discuss with your team before our early release on Wednesday.
Board of Education Building Tour
Fall Parties- Permission Slips
Be sure you have contacted someone to be in charge of your snacks on fall party day. Snacks can be at any time you choose opposite the time of your activity. (If your party is in the morning, snacks are in the afternoon and vice versa.) Don't forget that you'll need drinks, cups, napkins...etc.
School Net Training- Curriculum Portion
Dates available include:
10/20- 4:00-5:00 pm
10/27- 4:15-5:15 pm
10/28- 4:15-5:15 pm
All trainings will be at Dix Road. Register on MyLearningPlan to attend.
Literacy- Units of Study Presentation
Literacy- Units of Study Presentation
Grades K-1, Thursday, October 15
Grades 2-3, Monday, October 19
Grades 4-5, Monday, November 2
Location: Dix Education Center, 4:15-5:15
The purpose of these sessions is to look at the revision work completed over the summer to enhance the reading and writing Units of Study. Presenters will highlight the revisions that were made for each grade level and showcase the available resources for Unit 1. They will also walk you through the digital organization of the documents on Google Drive and explain the plans for posting the remaining Units of Study. This Drive folder is a place to collaborate with your grade level team across the district by providing an easy way to share resources with each other for reading, writing, math, science, social studies, classroom management, and more. Time will be provided for you to talk as a grade level team about how your grade level would like to use your Drive folder for ongoing collaboration. Please join us to learn more about the collaborative grade level Drive folder and all the available resources for supporting literacy instruction in your classroom. Sign up on My Learning Plan.
- Be sure to keep your websites up-to-date!
- I would like copies of all classroom newsletters. These can be sent to me electronically or a paper copy in my mailbox.
- Please continue to use the clip up tickets, Safe, Respectful, and Responsible Compliment cards (or verbal compliments) keeping the 4:1 in mind!
- Social dues ($25) are due by October 25. Please make checks payable to North School Social Committee and give them to Karri Gourley.