Blanche Sprentz Newsletter
October 10, 2022
BSE Staff Photo - Fall 2022
- Attendance Matters - Please allow plenty of time to arrive to school ON TIME
8:00 AM - Transitional Kindergarten & Kindergarten
8:15 AM - Grades 1-5
- 2:45 PM Dismissal - M, T, W, F
- 1:15 PM Dismissal on Thursdays
- Please do not use the front loop for dropping off/picking up. This is a designated Bus and After School Care Loop only.
- Every Friday is School Spirit Day - Wear BSE gear OR redTK & K Families - Mark Your Calendars for All-Early Days: 10/14/22, & 10/31/22
- SAVE THE DATE: December 15, 2022 - Evening Starstruck Student Dance Performance
- DINE & DONATE this Wednesday 10/12 at JIMBOYS- make sure to mention you're there for Blanche Sprentz or show your flyer. Take your food home or meet us at ED Mitchell Park (Right behind Blanche) to eat with your friends!
- SPOOKY SPRENTZ is coming up on Friday, October 28th from 5:00-7:00pm! Wear your family friendly costumes and join the fun at our carnival-style event! Meals (pizza, fruit, and water) will be available for free to students. Adults and additional family members can purchase meal tickets for $5. Don't wait in line! Purchase meal tickets in advance here: https://blanchesprentzpto.square.site/product/spooky-sprentz-meal-ticket/18?cp=true&sa=true&sbp=false&q=false
- Upcoming DINE & DONATE- Wednesday November 9th CRUMBL Cookies. Don't forget to mention your there for Blanche Sprentz or show your flyer!
- You can purchase Spirit Wear for your child (or yourself) here: https://blanchesprentzpto.square.site/
Orders will be delivered to your child's class within 7 days.
- Join us at our next meeting October 19th (the 3rd Wednesday of the month) at 7:00 in room 6 and on Zoom.
- Las reuniones de PTO seran cada tercer Miercoles del mes. Interpretacion en Español disponsible, solo por peticion. Contacta a Veronica Pesavento (916)913-9300.
- Join the PTO here: https://www.fcusd.org/Page/45808
- Follow along with us online:
- 1. Website: fcusd.org/BlancheSprentzPTO
2. Facebook: facebook.com/BlancheSprentzPTO
3. Instagram: instagram.com/BlancheSprentzPTO
Thank you for your support and partnership!
Jenna Schuette, Principal
A Focus on Learning
BSE School Goals
- Increase Student Math Proficiency by 5% on the Renaissance Diagnostic
- Increase Cultural Awareness Proficiency Among Students, Staff, and Families
- Increase Student Proficiency in Grit by Setting Long-term Goals in Academics & Activities
Families Support School Goals By:
- Practice addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division math facts at home
- Play games with cards, dice, counting
- Practice measurement with kitchen tools, rulers, measuring tape
- Share your family heritage and traditions with others
- Support your student's family heritage projects at school
- Follow our monthly Heritage Awareness activities and resources
- Set and Track Reading and Step Count Goals with Students
Everyone is Welcome at Blanche Sprentz Elementary!
Can you help a 5th grader attend Sly Park Environmental Camp this year?
Help Make Arrival/Dismissal Safe
2022 Fire Prevention Poster or Video Contest
Student Submissions DUE October 21, 2022
Mark Your Calendar!
Thursday, November 17th is PIcture Make-Ups Day
The Calming Corner ~ Social-Emotional and Community Supports
FREE In-Home Behavior Support ~ Sign Up Right Away
The COVID-19 relief/trauma funding that UC Davis received to provide PC-CARE supports to parents of 2- to 10-year-olds with intense behavior needs ends on 12/31. October is our last chance to refer families (or have families self-refer). If your student is struggling to make pro-social behavioral choices at home or in school, please take advantage of this fantastic opportunity for free, in-home, 1:1 intensive parenting and behavior modification support. You can contact the PC-CARE team directly at 916-346-2910 or via email:
PCCAREinschool@groups.ucdavis.edu and they will connect you with services or you can contact your school office.
The American Academy of Pediatrics' Screen Time Guidelines
Internet and cell phone addiction in youth
Kelly Richardson, Marriage and Family Therapist, spoke on dangers our youth face with electronic media and how internet addiction affects our children.
To view the recorded presentation from May 2022 in its entirety, please click HERE
You can enable closed captioning in both English and Spanish
Links below were also provided at the May presentation, providing information and resources parents can use for keeping their children safe online.
Child readiness for cellphone chart
How to Really Prevent Screen Addiction
Keeping Children Safe on the Internet - Services and Devices
Parents Guide to Snapchat QR codes for Internet Safety Links