Week of June 13, 2022
Clinton Warriors Celebrate Summer
Thanks to the Student Council and their advisor, Mrs. Andrea Hogan, for hosting our annual Spring Fling. On Friday, students enjoyed food, ice cream, and lawn games to celebrate the end of the school year. Yearbook advisor, Mrs. Mindy Pavone, and her team handed out the highly anticipated Clintonian 2022. Students and teachers participated in a dodgeball tournament sponsored by the Honor Society and their advisor, Mrs. Michele Dunn. Thanks to everyone that made this day possible for our students and helped bring the joy back to learning!
Digital Media Class Unveils the 2022 Clintonian
After a full year of hard work and dedication, students from Mrs. Mindy Pavone's Digital Media Class distributed Volume 88 of the CHS yearbook. This is always a huge event at school and we thank the team for capturing these important memories for our students and school community. The class and select yearbook page spreads are pictured below. (Photo credit: Mrs. Pavone; Not pictured: Gavin Deveans)
CCS Celebrates Senior Excellence
Thanks to the generosity of our community, we were able to recognize many of our graduating seniors on Wednesday evening. The ceremony included:
- 76 student award recipients
- 95 awards granted
- $170,00 monetary awards
A huge thank you to all of the donors that made this possible, to the high school awards committee for their selection of students, and to Mrs. Jennifer Edmunds for all she did to organize this event. For a complete listing of award winners, please click here.
Photo Credit: Mrs. Mindy Pavone
Claire Barone '22 Headed to States
High school students lined the hallways Thursday to wish Claire Barone well as she heads off to represent CCS in the pole vault finals of the NYS Track & Field Championship. Way to go, Claire!
2022 OHM BOCES CTE Program Celebrates CCS Students
Our Career and Technical Education students were recognized at BOCES Thursday for their achievement and efforts. Some of the winners are pictured below (photos courtesy of Dr. Lee; not pictured: Peyton DeAngelo '22, winner of the Superior Academic Achievement Award). Congratulations to all that were recognized!
Seniors Connect with the School and Business Alliance
Senior students attended the SABA breakfast at BOCES with school counselors Mrs. Jackie Snizek and Mrs. Kelly Zegarelli. Our CCS representatives are pictured below: Madeline Stell '22, Sarah Klein '22, Wyatt Wilcox '22, Ikenna Duru '22, and Lauren Chesebro '22,.
Global Marketing Shoebox Projects
Mrs. Katie Petrie's marketing recently students learned about Global Marketing. To showcase all they learned, they picked a country to research and displayed that country's top commodities, exports, economic facts, consumer specialties along with culture. Mrs. Petrie reports they they had fun creating their dioramas of the country! (Photo credit: Mrs. Petrie)
Coming Soon: Flowers in the Butterfly Garden
Mrs. Della Smith's Everyday Science students continue their work in the butterfly garden. We thank them for their ongoing efforts and for the beauty they are bringing to our campus! This summer, swing by the butterfly garden (next to the Atrium) to see the fruits of their labor! (Photo credit: Mrs. Smith)
ATTN: Junior Students and Families
Some important reminders for the Class of 2023:
- Google Classroom-Please visit our Google Classroom for the Class of 2023 this summer for college/career planning materials, summer opportunities, as well as other resources. Parents can access our Google College Planning Site.
- College Fairs Online-This summer you can access a free virtual college fair online July 11-16. Please visit www.college fairs online.com for more information.
- Apprenticeship Industries-Are you interested in getting paid for on-the-job training? If so, an apprenticeship might be right for you. You can find an apprenticeship in several different career areas. Please visit https://www.apprenticeship.gov/apprenticeship-industries for more information.
- Armed Forces-Thinking of joining a branch of the armed forces? Check out https://www.defense.gov/About/Our-Forces/ to learn about the various branches of armed forces.
- Naviance- Log into your Naviance account this summer to access career planning and college search tools. You can also create a resume through the Resume Builder.
- *Common Application*- The Common Application is a college application platform that most colleges use to submit applications. The application portal opens on August 1, 2022, for the 2022 application year if you would like a headstart or become familiar with the portal. You can visit https://www.commonapp.org/ or see the tutorial posted on our Google Classroom.
- *SAT/ACT*- Every college has its own SAT/ACT requirement, please check with each college you are interested in to learn whether the SAT/ACT is required. The SAT deadlines do occur over the summer or prior to school starting for some test dates. You must register by July 29 for the August 27 SAT or September 2 for the October 1 exam. ACT offers a September 10 exam date but students must register by August 5.
CCS Artists Named Most Creative at OVA
The High School Olympics of Visual Arts Fashion team won "Most Creative K-12" for their Spotted Lanternfly dress design. Artists Ella Fay '23, Lydia Hepler '24, Mia Le '25, Sophie McKee '25, Alena Wratten '24 and Alison Wratten '23 have been working on this creation since October and their hard work paid off. Go Warriors!
Clinton Warriors ESports Team Wraps its First Season
The Clinton High School ESports league officially ended its year with a pretty awesome finish!
Clinton went 5/2 in scrimmages for the Valorant Spring Major and finished overall with a 4/4 season in the Valorant Spring Major. Clinton also went 1/0 in the Triton Cup in April.
Congrats to all who participated. We look forward to future growth in the '22-'23 school Year. If you have any questions or think you may want to join us next year, please contact Mr. Aurigema at email@example.com. (Photo courtesy of Mr. Aurigema)
CCS ESports Team
Front Row: Kalen Hwango '23, Eliot Tinkler '22, Amarra Kiley '24, Logan Cook '24, Cooper Siddon '22 (Photo courtesy of Mr. Aurigema)
Manufacturing Students Beautify the CCS Campus
CCS Manufacturing Students worked with their teacher, Mr. Frank Milana, to create a beautiful picnic table to provide additional outdoor seating for students at lunch. Funds for materials were provided by the Student Council and National Honor Society. Thanks to Mr. Milana for leading this project and for providing these images.
Back Row: Tyler Kulpa '24, Herman Keegan '24, Dylan Fedor '24, John Falbo '23, Nich Hajduk '23
Front Row: Carter Dawes '22, Jack Scibior '22, Javonn Springer '22, Sam Costanzo '22
Photo Credit: Mr. Milana
Syracuse University Professor Visits CCS
On Monday, Dr. Jason Wiles came to visit the SUPA Biology classes. He is Mrs. Kathleen Washburn's Syracuse advisor and he talked to students about his path to the biology department at SU as well as how they should navigate the process of transferring their Syracuse University credits to their institution of choice. This was Dr. Wiles' first in-person visit in 2 years and it was a great experience for all involved. (Photo Credit: Mrs. Washburn)
CCS Environmental Studies Students Brave the Rapids
Thank you to Mrs. Kathleen Washburn for organizing the recent whitewater rafting trip for our Environmental students. Thank you to chaperones Mrs. Hudon, Mr. Sirianni, Mr. and Mrs. Washburn for making the day happen for kids! (Photo credit: Mrs. Washburn)
ATTN: Track & Field Athletes
The Syracuse Chargers are hosting two FREE track & field meets this summer that are open to everyone. The first will take place in Clinton on June 29 and the second will take place in Cazenovia on July 20. Please click here for more information and for the registration form.
From The Desk of The School Health Offices
LAST CALL FOR SPORTS PHYSICALS FOR THE FALL!!
If your child will need a sports physical for fall sports Thursday will be the last chance to have a school physical. Please contact the school nurse at 315-557-2238
Some other Reminders:
- IMMUNIZATIONS: New York State requires certain immunizations when entering Kindergarten, 6th, 7th, and 12th grade. New York State requires proof of the necessary immunizations within 2 weeks of the first day of school. If you are unable to schedule an appointment with your child’s primary doctor, appointments can be made through the Oneida County Health Dept. at 315-798-5747.12th Grade Immunization Requirement: 1 to 2 doses of Meningococcal (depending on age of first immunization)
- PHYSICALS: New York State requires updated physical examinations for new entrants, anyone participating in a sport and students in grades 9 and 11. The school nurse practitioner is available twice a month for exams. Please let us know if you would like a physical exam done in school.
- SCREENINGS: Vision, hearing and scoliosis screening requirements will resume for the 2022-2023 school year. Please contact your school nurse if you have any concerns regarding your child’s hearing or vision.
- Covid Test Kits are still Available! Please call the Health Office!
This Week's Events:
Last Day of Classes
Important Dates Ahead:
- 8:00 English Language Arts Regents, Final for English 12
- 12:00 Living Environment Regents, Final for Precalculus (Regents and Honors)
- 8:00 Algebra 1 Regents, Final for Algebra 1-1, Algebra 1-2, Intermediate Algebra, and Statistics
- 12:00 Chemistry Regents
- 8:00 Global History Regents, Final for AP Chemistry
- 12:00 Earth Science Regents
- 8:00 Geometry Regents
- 12:00 World Languages Checkpoint B Exam
- 8:00 Algebra 2 Regents
- 8:00 Physics Regents
The schedule for all other final exams will be announced in June!
WCNY and the New York State Teachers' Center Network partner each year to provide video Regents review for NYS students. Click here to see videos from this year as they're posted and to access videos from previous years.