It's Earth Day!
Time to help save our Earth!
Earth Day History
Here are some ways to Reduce, Reuse and Recycle:
- you can reduce the amount of water used by turning off the water when you aren't using it
- you can turn off the lights when you go out
- you can go biking instead of driving in a car, so you can reduce the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere
- you can reuse household items
- you can donate clothes to others who need them
- you can make old newspapers and magazines into art
- you can recycle paper in your recycling bin
- you can recycle metal, plastic and cardboard too
* By recycling 1 ton of paper you can heat a home for 6 months!*
Interesting Facts about Earth Day
2. By recycling 1 plastic bottle, you can save enough energy to power a computer for 25 minutes!
3. One ton of paper is equivalent to 15 to 17 trees.
4. About every square mile of ocean is filled with 46,000 pieces of trash!
5. About 97% of the World's water is salty, 2 % is frozen in glaciers and ice caps, and only 1% of water is fresh and drinkable.
Although, these are the facts right now it doesn't mean we can't change them in the future! So go on, help save our Earth!