AFSA K-12 Family Update
September 16, 2022
AFSA K-12 Families,
Activation week is next week see below for information on our dress up days. Picture Day is coming up next Thursday, September 22! Please see ordering information below.
A Special note: If you are picking up your student for a medical appt. please come in the building to sign your student out. Students leaving for an appt. will be called down upon your arrival. Only parents/guardians or adults on your students emergency contact form will be allowed to take your student out of school.
Included in this week's newsletter:
- AFSA K-12 at White Bear Township Day
- Activation Week Celebration
- O-term Sign Up Information
- School Picture Day Ordering Information
- Farm and Community Service Day Grades 7-12
- National Teach Ag Day
- Blue Jackets Bright Futures
- SchoolPay Sign In Information
- AFSA K-12 Back to School Forms
- AFSA Family Game Night at The Battleground
- AFSA K-12 Culver's Fundraising Nights
- Drivers Education Classes - A+ Driving
- Be a Part of the AFSA StAFSA Community - Now Hiring Bus Drivers & Daytime Custodian
- Looking to get involved with AFSA K-12?
- AFSA Fall Sports Update
- AFSA Eagles Gear
- AFSA K-12's Potato Hug
- AFSA K-12's Potato Hug Art Showcase
- Suicide Prevention Month
- AFSA K-12 Family Directory 2022-2023
- AFSA K-12 Cheer Stories
- Lunch menu - September
- Calendar of Events
AFSA k-12 at White Bear Township Day
Activation Week Celebration
K-8 Dress Up Days:
- Monday - PJ Day
- Tuesday - Team Spirit (dress in your favorite team’s colors or gear)
- Wednesday - Class Colors (see slides)
- Thursday - Wacky socks day (picture day)
- Friday - School Spirit day (blue & gold or any AFSA gear!)
High School Dress Up Days
- Monday - PJ Day - (Dress in comfy clothes)
- Tuesday - Kaleidoscope of Color - (Dress in as many colors as possible)
- Wednesday - Jersey Day - (Dress in favorite jersey or sports attire)
- Thursday - Running Late - (Wear mix matched shoes)
- Friday - Farm and Community Service Day (dress appropriate for the weather)
O-Term Sign Up Information
Students in K-6 have their O-term October 17 - 19 and students in grades 7-12 have their O-term October 25 - 28.
O-term forms for all K-12 students forms were sent home earlier this week (or today for grades 7-12).
Students in grades K-4 have o-term with their class. All other grades, 5 - 12, have multiple terms to choose from. The terms for grades 5 - 12 have limited space and fill up on a first-come, first-served basis when form and payment are both turned in to the front desk.
You may pay with cash, check (checks should be made out to AFSA High School) or you may pay online by clicking here.
Students may begin turning forms in on Monday, 9/19. Last day to turn in forms is September 27.
School Photo Ordering Information
Photos may be ordered by filling out the form sent home and sending payment (cash or check) on photo day. Please send exact change as photographers cannot make change. Photos may also be ordered online by going to strawbridge.net and entering the correct code for your students school:
- AFSA K-8 Picture Code (students in grades K-8): FM394970
- AFSA High School Picture Code (students in grades 9-12): FM394973
If ordering online you can purchase photos up to 5 days after picture day. If you purchase them after that timeframe you may be charged a late fee.
Farm and Community Service Day - Grades 7-12
Farm and Community Service Day happens twice a year, once in the fall and once in the spring. This is a day where students, grades 7-12, head out into the community to help local businesses/organizations with a variety of projects. This is a great opportunity for students to get involved and help our surrounding communities. Our Fall Farm and Community Service Day is coming up Friday, September 23.
Important reminders for the day:
Students should dress appropriately for the weather
Long sleeve shirt help keep bugs and ticks away
Please make sure students wear clothing that can get dirty and/or wet
Bring work gloves
Bring a water bottle
Wear sunscreen and bug spray (The school does not provide sunscreen or bug spray and students and staff are not allowed to share their sunscreen or bug spray with others)
VERY IMPORTANT - Wear close toed shoes - NO SANDALS
National Teach Ag Day
National #TeachAg Day was this week. It is a day designed to encourage others to teach school-based agriculture and recognize the important role that agriculture teachers play in our schools and communities.
Why did Ms. Crowley and Ms. Leiding choose to be Ag teachers?
"I chose to teach Ag, because I view teaching as a way of serving and helping others. I like that I get to do something different every day and provide real world experiences for students. Also-my ag teacher told me that I could do his job and you should always do what your ag teacher says!" - Ms. Crowley
"I have always loved sharing agriculture with others and when I was younger my dream was to be a teacher. When I learned that I could combine those interests into being an agricultural education teacher I knew that was the perfect job for me. I love helping students see their connection to agriculture in their lives everyday." - Ms. Leiding
Blue Jackets - Bright Futures
SchoolPay Sign In Information
If this is your first time using SchoolPay please see the attached instructions on how to sign in or click here.
To use SchoolPay go to: www.schoolpay.com
AFSA K-12 Back to School Forms
- AFSA K-12 Emergency Contact/Permission Card 2022-2023
- Application for Educational Benefits 2022-2023
- Immunization Documentation (if the school does not already have your student's information on file)
- Handbook signature pages are due to the office by September 30th. Please go over handbooks with parent/guardians and return your form.
Completed school forms may be returned to the school office at either location during business hours or may be emailed to:
- AFSA K-8 Forms (grades K-8): firstname.lastname@example.org
- AFSA High School ( grades 9-12): email@example.com
For questions regarding students in grade K-8 please call 612-260-2662.
For questions regarding students in grades 9-12 please call 651-209-3910
AFSA K-12 Family Game Night at The Battleground
Our first game night was a ton of fun so we have decided to plan some more! Join us for all sorts of gaming fun and giveaways and meet other AFSA families! We will have some people leading games and teaching games.
- October 3
- December 5
- February 6
- April 3
AFSA K-12 game nights are held at The Battleground Cafe (2008 Co Rd E East, White Bear Lake) from 6:30 -8:30 p.m.
AFSA K-12 Culver's Fundraising Nights
Join us the 3rd Tuesday each month from 5:00 - 7:00 p.m. for AFSA K-12's Culver's Fundraising Nights at the Little Canada Culver's (2880 Rice Street Little Canada)! Take your family out to dinner and support AFSA K-12 at the same time! AFSA receives 10% of all food purchases from 5-7 p.m.
- September 20, 2022
- October 18, 2022
- November 15, 2022
- December 20, 2022
- January 17, 2023
- February 21, 2023
- March 21, 2023
- April 18, 2023
- May 16, 2023
Thank you for your support!
Driver's Education Through A+Driving School
DRIVER’S EDUCATION (Students who are 14 years of age and older)This 30-hour program will be conducted by a certified instructor from the A+ Driving School and will fulfill the state driver’s education requirement. The course will address the “how to” and “whys” of safe driving. The format of the class will be lecture and active discussion. After completion of the program, students will be able to set up and participate in behind the wheel sessions to meet the six hour state requirement.
Classes will meet VIRTUALLY through ZOOM Teleconferencing! All registration can be done through: www.APlusDrivingSchool.net
Need to miss a few classes--NO PROBLEM. Easy Make-Up classes!We offer classes all year long with multiple time offerings each day. Take class from ANYWHERE through teleconferencing!
LIVE INSTRUCTORS! FUN CLASSES! PAYMENT PLANS AVAILABLE!
For CLASS DATES and REGISTRATION please go to: www.APlusDrivingSchool.net
This program is not affiliated with AFSA K-12
Be a Part of the AFSA StAFSA Community - Now Hiring Bus Drivers and Daytime Custodian
Become a part of the AFSA StAFSA community! We are looking for a few additional staff members. Please pass these opportunities on to friends and family!
- We are looking for people interested in joining our transportation team! You do not need to have your bus license, we will train you! Benefits are included with 25 hour work week!
- We are also looking for a daytime custodian.
Please contact Becky Meyer firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested or have any questions.
AFSA Fall Sports Update
Our AFSA Eagles Volleyball team has three games next week, including a home game on Thursday against Lakes International Language Academy at 4:30pm! Good luck Eagles! Please contact Coach Lozano or Coach Vorwald with any questions
Our soccer team has three games next week, including a home game at 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday against Avail Academy and a home game at 5:00 p.m. on Friday against Mounds Park Academy. Good luck Eagles!
AFSA Eagles Gear
In addition, we are excited to announce the opening of our athletics apparel store with BSN sports! For the first month, enter the promo code SPIRIT and receive 25% off everything in the store! Check out the store here! Please contact Mr. Moeller if you have any questions or concerns with the team store.
AFSA Eagles Volleyball Gear:
We also have AFSA Eagles Volleyball gear for sale now! The last day to order is September 23rd! Looking to support our volleyball team? Check out the cool AFSA Eagles gear here!
Thanks for your support!
AFSA K-12's Potato Hug
You are cordially invited to our 9th Annual Potato Hug, October 8, 2022 , 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. at AFSA High School! The Hug is a showcase of student SAE projects (grades 7-12), student artwork (grades K-12), school offerings, and community involvement. This event provides students a venue to display their FFA Supervised Agricultural Experience (SAE) projects.
We are looking for:
- Student Vendors - AFSA students (grades 7-12) interested in participating in the Potato Hug 2022 must register using the attached PH SAE Sign up form. Forms may also be picked up in the main office at both buildings. All student registration forms must have approval from Ms. Leiding or Ms. Crowley. Approval may be through email or in person signature.
- Adult Vendors (only handmade products)
- Volunteers for the Day of the event - This is a fun way to get involved and meet other families. We are looking for people to help in the kitchen, at the greeting table and more!
- Artwork for the AFSA Student Art Showcase (see below for more information)
Please contact Stephanie Forliti if you are interested in being a vendor, volunteering or if you have any questions about the Potato Hug event!
AFSA K-12 Potato Hug Art Showcase
Attendees to the Potato Hug have the chance to vote for their favorite artwork. Prizes awarded to the top 3 art pieces!
Please turn in your artwork to the front desk by September 30th. Any questions please contact Ms. Forliti.
Suicide Prevention Month
AFSA K-12 Family Directory 2022-2023
The school directory is a great way for AFSA K-12 families to stay in touch! If you are a current AFSA K-12 family and would like to be added to the 2022-2023 school directory please fill out the AFSA Family Directory Opt-In Form 2022-2023. The first directory will be emailed out on September 21st with monthly updates throughout the school year.
Questions? Please contact email@example.com
AFSA K-12 Cheer Stories
Parents and guardians we need your help! We would like to share your "AFSA Cheer" stories on social media and in marketing pieces! We are looking for families to send us quotes or stories about why they chose AFSA and what they like best about AFSA! To submit a quote or story please fill out this Google Form or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for being a part of the AFSA K-12 family!
September Lunch Menu
Calendar of Events
Click on each event below for additional information.
September 16 - Eagles Volleyball Game
September 17 - AFSA K-12 at White Bear Township Day
September 26 - No School AFSA K-12, Eagles Soccer Game
October 1 - AFSA K-12 at the White Bear Animal Hospital Open House 11 am-2 pm
September 29 - Eagles Volleyball Game
September 30 - Eagles Soccer Game
K-8 Attendance Line: 612-260-2664 or email email@example.com
High School Attendance Line: 651-209-3910 or email firstname.lastname@example.org