Students will need the following to successfully complete this course:
- OCPS-issued laptop
- A pair of headphone
- Laptop must be charged and ready to use upon arriving each day
- Students should always have access to the digital textbook Discovering French Nouveau Bleu for self-study and review when needed.
- Students should also be a member of Google Classroom group for their respective class period.
Students are expected to abide by the Jones High School Attendance and Tardy policies. Should you have any questions, please contact the front office or the attendance office. It will be the responsibility of the student to turn-in assignments missed and familiarize themselves with the topics covered that day during class. The option for make-up work will be given in compliance with OCPS attendance policy.
Student grades are based on total points, with the distribution of points approximately divided as follows:
Formative Assessments are ongoing checks on the students' progress in class including homework. These are taken frequently, after a student has practiced or become familiar with content. These could include: 50% Classwork (Daily Bell work, Class Assignments, Cooperative Activities) and 20% Homework-
Summative Assessments will be given at the end of each unit. This could be at the end of each chapter or at the end of a selection of chapters. 30% Tests/Quizzes which will be assessing the communicative skills of the students in reading, writing, listening and speaking. These include end of unit projects, tests, end of semester, and Common Final Exam.
In order to receive a passing grade, a student must attempt ALL Summative assessment.
Classroom Rules & Procedures
- Make every effort to speak only in French
- Respect yourself, others, school property, and any classroom materials.
- Be seated at your desk before the tardy bell rings.
- Raise your hand to speak and wait to be called on.
- Keep food and drinks outside the classroom (water being an exception).
- Gum is not allowed in class. When practicing pronunciation, gum chewing makes it difficult to pronounce words.
- Water must be closed when not drinking and be placed on the floor.
- Cell phones are NOT to be out at all. Students are NOT to be charging their cell phones anywhere in the classroom.
- Each student is issued a laptop by OCPS. Cell phones are not needed to complete classwork. If personal device is not working, there are 4 class desktop computers that can be used.
- Behave in a manner that adheres to the Student Code of Conduct and our class rules.
Keep personal information private
Use technology for educational purposes ONLY
Log in to launch.ocps.net
Save work to the cloud
- OCPS students who participate in professional social media sites shall not be permitted to post photographs or videos featuring other students without the approval of the teacher or other OCPS employee responsible for the site.
Failure to Meet Expectations
- 1st Offense – Verbal Warning.
- 2nd Offense – Written Warning.
- 3rd Offense –Phone Call Home.
- 4th Offense – Dean’s Office and Possible Referral.
- Severe Disruption – Automatic Referral and sent to the office with possibility of suspension or expulsion.