CBHT Religious School
Weekly Newsletter - 5/1/15
A Heartfelt "Thank You!"
Our school year is drawing to a close. We have had such a spectacular year of Jewish learning, friendship, and fun. For all of you who have helped make this year the success it has been ... Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Thank you for selling bagels and sitting at the security table. Thank you for driving on field trips, helping with celebrations, assisting with classroom projects. Thank you for showing up and singing and learning along with your kids during Kehila Tephila. Without our students, there is simply no school. Thank you for entrusting them to us. We have enjoyed them greatly and look forward to yet the start of another amazing year in August.
- This evening, Friday, May 1st at 6:30 is our final Religious School Led Shabbat of the year. All classes will be leading prayers (from Parparim to Kesher) so please come early and grab a cue sheet that reminds your child when to come up for their class' prayers. Karla and Amanda's Kitah Bet will be offering teachings on the Jewish Holidays and Kitah Bet Parents will be providing oneg! Hope to see you this evening.
- This Sunday, May 3rd is the final day of Religious School and the final day to pre-register for the 2015-16 school year to receive your Early Bird Discount.
- This Sunday at 11:30 (promptly) we will begin our closing ceremonies in the sanctuary with Student Recognition Awards; then we'll join up in the gallery for our final Mitzvah Chain Circle and then end with a potluck oneg in Dave Hall so we all have a chance to say farewell for the summer! Parents, please drop off your oneg item in Dave Hall by 11:25 to join us in the sanctuary at 11:30.
- 5/10 - Sisterhood Mother's Day Shabbat Services at 7:30 honoring moms of every generation.
- 5/29 - Confirmation of our 10th and 11th graders at 7:30 Shabbat services. A special presentation will be made by our Temple's Confirmation Class, including our madrichim Matt Huter, Alec McMahon, and Abe Kaplan (as well as David Shainberg and Michael Goldfarb).
Support Our Students' Mitzvah Projects
We have quite a few B'nai Mitzvah dates coming up this Spring and all of our B'nai Mitzvah Students have Mitzvah Projects you can support!
- Hannah Jane Tracy (May 23rd) - Hannah Jane has been selling muffins at the end of each school day to raise funds for CBHT's L'Dor va Dor Building Fund.
- Adam Henegan (June 6th) Adam is collecting used soccer cleats to send to poor children in South Africa. He'll have a collection box sitting out this Sunday and heading into his bar mitzvah weekend.
- Bella Wells-Fried (June 13th) Mitzvah project TBA
- Isaac Tuch (June 20th) will be volunteering at the JCC's Camp Tikvah, which serves children with autism. Donations to Camp Tikvah can be made through the Asheville JCC.
- Karleigh Ring (June 27th) is supporting the Israel Guide Dog Center, the Reading Spot at Helpmate, Childlife at MIssion Hospital, and Water-Aid-Girlstrong. To find out more about Karleigh's projects, visit SpotOnGiving.com.