The Mumper Minute
Week of November 16, 2015
Notes from Mrs. Mumper
- Please make sure you check your child's Bees Book everyday for important papers.
- Please place all homework in the homework page protector. It is located in your child's Bees book. This is where I look for homework.
- 11/16 - Author's Visit
- 11/16 - Crisis Drill
- 11/19 - Toys Go Out party at the Southern Pines Public Library. The fun begins at 5:30 and lasts about an hour. Bring your copy of the book and get it autographed by Lumphy, Plastic, and StingRay. There will be games and a light snack.
- SPP reading challenge! Tweet a pic of your Mighty Mind reading at home. Use #sppbeesread and tag the Mighty Minds (@mumpersclass)! Can't wait to see the Mighty Minds reading at home!
We solved an addition problem and explained our thinking on Educreations Check out our learning!
Opportunities to volunteer in the classroom
I am still looking for help in the classroom. At the beginning of the year I asked for help in several areas. I have received some help and I am very grateful!
Here are the ways you can volunteer to help the Mighty Minds:
- Pencil Patrol
- During small group reading
- During small group math
- Make copies
- Bee Buck shopping
Clip Chart Hall of Fame
JaNayshiya Armstrong - 11/12/15
Sarah Hannans - 11/6/15
Sydney Nealy - 10/26/15
Isabella Robinson - 9/23/15
To be in the Hall of Fame a student must have 25 pink days!
Our class handle is : @MumpersClass
Check us out, comment, and let your child know what you think of their learning!
- 8 cans of playdough
- A USB or 3.5mm computer microphone if you have one you are not using.
- Several shoebox size plastic storage containers.
- Can of compressed air: Like this
- Spelling city premium membership ($52.95) for the year
Comprehension- Main ideas and details
Phonics- long o (o, oa, & ow)
Grammar- Using proper nouns
Writing- Write to persuade
Math- addition and subtraction with and without regrouping
science - States of matter
Story - Helen Keller