The story behind the bus
The Rosa Parks Story
FIVE INTERESTING FACTS
- Rosa Parks was married to Raymond Parks from 1932 till 1937.
- She has won a presidential medal of freedom and more.
- On Dec 1, 1955, she refused to give up her seat on a bus to a white man. She was arrested and fined,
- Parks was charged with a violation of Chapter 6, Section 11 segregation law of the Montgomery City code leading to the Montgomery Bus Boycott.
- Parks is affectionately known as “The mother of the Civil Rights Movement.”