September 20, 2016
- September 20th-2nd Grade Me Box Museum and Pot Luck Dinner 5:30-7:30
- September 23rd- Greenland's Fall Carnival 5-7 pm - PTA Sponsored
- September 26th-Greenland Gathering - Wear your GRN shirt
- September 30th- Oconomowoc Homecoming Parade
- October 7th-Non-School Day for students-Professional Development for Staff
Homecoming Spirit Week Themes
Tuesday-Neon-Bright Color Day
Wednesday-Crazy Sock Day
Thursday-Greenland or OASD Spirit Wear
Friday-50s Dress Up and/or Black and White
For the Art Room Happenings …
Ms. LaGrange and I are …
presenting, discussing, and creating Romero Britto inspired letters
for the Original Works Project.
All K-4 artists are working on a rendition of the same theme, sketching, final work, and adding color.
WINKER – first 2 weeks!
- Created a first day portrait with a letter on the back for parents
- Discussed Leonardo da Vinci and designed the cover of our own sketchbooks
- We have been teaching and reviewing a specific routine of entering the art room safely and respectfully.
- Talking about how we “think like artists” with decision making, creative choices, and working with our mistakes.
- Thank you to all parents and teachers who have sent students with art tshirts. Thank you!
- Thank you for your support with Winkers “Certificate of Awesome-ness” and “Think Sheet”.
- Hoping to have clear expectations for all students so it’s an easy transition to a new, long term teacher … who will start in November and continue through January.
- If your child completed the Summer Art Challenge, encourage them to bring in their work.
Greenland's Fall Carnival
Greenland's Family Carnival is set for Friday, September 23rd from 5-7pm. We are in need of lots of volunteers to make this event a fun night for all. Please click on the link below to sign up for a volunteer spot. We couldn't do it without you. These are the events that make Greenland great! Join us for Food, Games and a Silent Auction!
PBIS (Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports)
PBIS Home and School Connection
Word of the Week
The word for this week is: Self-Discipline
FAQ's about Free and Reduced Lunch
Who can get free or reduced price meals or milk? Children in households getting Food Stamps or W-2 and most foster children can get free meals regardless of your income. Also, if your household income is within the limits on the Federal Income Chart (see link), your children can get free or reduced price meals.
What does the Federal Income Chart look like? Your children may qualify for free or reduced price meals if your household income falls within the limits on this chart.
If I don't qualify now, may I apply again later? Yes. You may apply at any time during the school year if your household size goes up, income goes down, or if you qualify for Food Stamps or W-2. If you lose your job, your children may be able to get free or reduced price meals during the time you are unemployed.
If you think your family may qualify and benefit from this program, please call our school office at 560-8106 to request a paper application or visit the family resources tab of our school website.
If you need assistance filling out the documentation, please feel free to reach out to Mrs. McCaffery at email@example.com