Your Weekly Update from Bennett-Hemenway Elementary School
Things to Know
- Standard Bearers: On Wednesday night we celebrated the Standard Bearers from across our District. Standard Bearers and the Alternate Standard Bearers partner at each school to raise and lower the flag each day. They have other jobs too. At Ben Hem they are responsible for the morning announcements and help serve as school ambassadors when we have visitors. We want to thank Maddy and Myla for the amazing job they did this year! It was fun to watch them grow in this work and bring positive energy to our entire school each morning. We are excited to welcome Alex and Tyler to the position next year. They officially begin their training this week and will be taking over the job under the mentorship of Maddy and Myla.
- Special Olympics Unified Game Day is Tuesday, May 30th. Our team has been working hard with our athletes and their buddies to prepare for our upcoming Unified Games day at Ben Hem. Opening ceremonies begin at 8:45 and events are scheduled throughout the day. This is an amazing community building event for Ben Hem and we are looking forward to celebrating our Bobcats!
- Upcoming Events:
- May 31 Kindergarten Field Day
- June 1. Grade One Field Day
- June 5. Grade 2 Field Day
- June 6. 4th Grade Fun Day
- June 8. Grade 3 Field Day
- June 9. Grade 4 Chorus Concert for Parents 8:30 am
- PTO Family Fun Night
- June 12. Meet the Team Day
- June 15. Last Day of School - Early Release Day
Ben Hem Book Fair Information for Parents
Reminder that this will be an ALL BOOKS fair – No toys! Don’t want to send cash with your students for book fair shopping? You can set up an e-wallet that they can use to purchase books at the fair! Don’t forget that grandparents, relatives, and friends can also contribute to your student’s e-wallet! https://www.scholastic.com/bf/benhem. The book fair will be open to all families during Literacy Night on May 25, from 6:30-7:30 pm.
- Title I: Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990Title II
- Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990Title VI
- Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964Title IX
- Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972
- MGL, Ch.76, Section 5: Massachusetts General Laws, Chapter 76, Section 5