Lincoln Crossing Colt Connection
Sunday, January 7, 2018
LCES United: Together We Are More!
Mrs. Hladun's Tidings
Happy new year and welcome back to a new semester! The spring term always brings renewed energy - our eyes are on the big prize (learning & summer!) and there are so many fun and wonderful things to look forward to both in the classroom and in our community.
A few important things to note at this point:
- we've updated our LCES Handbook. You'll find an updated copy on our website. Please note that the changes are noted in the the table of contents and relate specifically to our PE participation/excusal policy and the district's new food policies (which includes class parties!). Please take a minute to review the updates.
- in Feburary, LCES will be hosting the ATS qualifying exam for summer enrichment classes being held at Sac State. Pariticipation is completely voluntary. Please view this short video for an overview of the ATS program, and see the info fliers on our website. The ATS qualifing exam will be given at LCE on Thursday, 2/22 from 3-4 pm.
- (updated AGAIN at 10:30 pm on 1/7) for those classes using Accelerated Reader (AR), AR made some major changes to their website the week before break, and the changes continue to frustrate us. Please update any bookmarks you have for AR to https://global-zone08.renaissance-go.com/welcomeportal/2372671 and your child should be able to log in a by clicking on "I'm a Student"...we'll send additional communications out as we figure out the AR Home Connect site.
WatchDogs Annual Mother/Son Bowling Night
- Monday, 1/8: Welcome Back to School! Early Release Monday
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays: Math Tutoring Resumes after school for students who are signed up
- Fridays until 3:30: Musical Theater Rehearsals
- Thursday, 1/11, 3 pm: PTC Meeting in Science Room
- Friday, 1/12: Semester 1 Report Cards sent home
- Monday, 1/15: No School in honor of Martin Luther King, Jr.'s birthday
- Friday, 1/19: End of Semester 1 Award Assemblies - details coming
- Monday, 1/22: Early Release Monday
*choir rehearsals will resume later this semester - stay tuned!
AM Kinder: 8 - 11:20 am PM Kinder: 10:20 am -1:40 pm Grades 1-5: 8:15 am - 1:40 pm (supervision provided for students from 1:40-2 pm)
Click for more information about school meal pricing and breakfast and lunch menus. You can also access My School Bucks to add to your child's lunch balance and submit an online application for free/reduced meals.