Tourist Destinations and Food
Colca Canyon - Canyon in Andes Mountain range. Awesome sights and the Andean Condors. Price - $45 for one day.
Plaza de Armas - Historical city built by the Incas. Cultural center of Inca life. Price - no fee.
Breakfast - Corn pancakes, Eggs, and Rice
Lunch - Soup, Rice, Vegetables
Dinner - Whole roasted guinea pig
Lomo Saltado, Peruvian
Cook Time: 30min
1 1/2 Tblspns of Crushed Garlic
1/2 tspn salt
2 tspns cumin
1 1/2 tspns ground black pepper
2 Tblspns rice vinegar
2 Tblspns soy sauce
2 Tblspns canola oil
1 1/2 lbs. beef tenderloin, cut into strips
2 medium red onions, cut into pieces
1 can of diced tomatoes, drained
1-2 jalapeno peppers, cut into pieces
1/4 cup fresh cilantro
4 potatoes, peeled and cut into strips
1/2-1 teaspoon of paprika
canola oil for frying
1. Make a paste by combining the garlic and salt. Whisk together the garlic paste, rice vinegar, soy sauce, canola oil, cumin, and ground black pepper.
2. Place the steak in a bowl and the onions in another. Divided the marinade between the 2 bowls and let set in the refrigerator for at least and hour.
3. Pour small amount of oil in a wok, turn on medium heat. Once the oil is hot add the steak with marinade and cook until brown. Add tomato and simmer a few minutes.
4. Add jalapeno, cilantro, and onions in the marinade, slowly stir. Simmer for a few more minutes.
5. As the ingredients are cooking, sprinkle potatoes in separate pan with paprika and fry. When done combine all ingredients.
6. Serve with a side of rice.