Berrien Springs Band News
July 9, 2018
Marching Band Rehearsal
The band room will be open from 4:30-6:30pm for sectionals or personal practice. Middle AND High School students are welcome to come in and practice during this time.
THANK YOU to everyone that marched and helped with the 4th of July Parade! It was a success because of your help!
Staff Housing Needed
Summer Band Dates
All rehearsals are at the HS Band Room.
Tuesday, July 10th - 6:30-8:30pm HS Band Music Rehearsal
Tuesday, July 17th - 6:30-8:30pm HS Band Music Rehearsal
Wednesday, July 18th - 6:30-8:30pm HS Band Marching Rehearsal (new marchers and leadership only)
Thursday, July 19th - 6:30-8:30pm HS Band Marching Rehearsal (Full Band)
Monday, July 23rd - Friday, July 27th - 8am-5pm HS BAND CAMP
Friday, July 27th - 6pm End-of-Camp Community Performance
Tuesday, July 31st - 6:30-8:30pm HS Band Rehearsal
Tuesday, August 7th - 6:30-8:30pm HS Band Rehearsal
NO REHEARSAL FAIR WEEK
Tuesday, August 21st - 6:30-8:30pm HS Band Rehearsal
Tuesday, August 28th - 6:30-8:30pm HS Band Rehearsal
Friday, August 31st - FOOTBALL GAME, Time TBA
Once the school year starts, we will continue to have rehearsals Tuesday evenings from 6:30-8:30pm. Make sure those calendars are marked!
Camp Reminders (Again!) :-)
1. Please adhere to our school dress code guidelines.
a. No spaghetti straps or thin tank top straps.
b. No undergarments can be visible.
c. Shorts need to be fingertip length or longer, as deemed appropriate.
d. Shirts need to be of a conservative length and style.
*Students may be asked to call home for alternate clothing if their band camp attire is deemed inappropriate for this school event.
2. Wear SOCKS and ATHLETIC SHOES every day. No boots. No flip flops. No sandals. No slides. This is an athletic activity and improper footwear can cause serious injury.
3. BRING SUNSCREEN. WEAR SUNSCREEN. LOVE SUNSCREEN. Also, bring a hat and sunglasses.
4. Eat a nutritious breakfast every morning. We do provide snacks, lunch, and water/gatorade throughout the rehearsals, but students who do not eat in the morning have a higher likelihood of weakness and dizziness during the morning rehearsals.
5. All students need to have a medical form filled out and on file with the band boosters. A copy of the form can be found on page 12 of the band handbook.
6. Band fee for the 2018 season is $80. Please pay on or before Monday, July 23rd.
7. Students will need to have khaki or tan shorts/capri's/pants for the final performance on Friday, July 27th. We will provide the t-shirt.
8. SPIRIT DAYS! Start planning with your section!
Monday - SHAMROCK PRIDE DAY: Dress head to toe in green and white!
Tuesday - NEON DAY: Rival the brightness of the sun with your NEON-tastic clothes!
Wednesday - PAJAMA DAY: Roll out of bed and get to camp! (Be appropriate with your clothing choices).
Thursday - TWIN DAY: Dress up with a buddy - or as a section!
Friday - TROUBLE ON THE HIGH SEAS DAY: Dress and talk like a pirate - ARR MATEY!.