Ellie Jayne Mods 25-27
Overall Job Description
Psychiatrists are professionals who study mental health and diagnose mental disorders to people who developed them. Psychiatrists make sessions with clients to try and help them talk and sort out their feelings, and prescribe medication for people who develope illnesses of/in the brain.
Major Job Responsibilities
- Analyze and evaluate patient data and test or examination findings to diagnose nature and extent of mental disorder.
- Prescribe, direct, and administer psychotherapeutic treatments or medications to treat mental, emotional, or behavioral disorders.
- Collaborate with physicians, psychologists, social workers, psychiatric nurses, or other professionals to discuss treatment plans and progress.
- Gather and maintain patient information and records, including social and medical history obtained from patients, relatives, and other professionals.
- Counsel patients during office visits.
- Design individualized care plans, using a variety of treatments.
The minimum requirement for medical school is three years of undergraduate study, although most medical students have earned a bachelor's degree. After completing medical school, individuals enter a residency program in psychiatry.