Weekly Newsletter for LCMS Staff
By Tami Gunset
I hope that you had a great weekend! Congratulations to the ALL Denver Broncos fans!
Please begin to make parent contact for those students that will FAIL the 4th Six Weeks. It is very important that contact is made so if you do not get a reply from an email please call.
Utilize After School ICU! We will help ensure that students are showing up to ICU. Please make parents aware that their child has ICU.
Campus Professional Development - February 12
TELPAS Training - 1:00pm-1:20pm
EdCamp INTRO - 1:25pm-2:00pm (Auditorium)
Breakout Session 1 - 2:00pm - 2:30pm
Breakout Session 2 - 2:35pm - 3:05pm
Bond Election Meeting with Mr. Bryant- 3:10pm - 3:40pm (Auditorium)
Wrap-up - 3:45pm - 4:00pm
Early Dismissal Bell Schedule
1st Period - 8:00am-8:25am
2nd Period - 8:30am-8:55am
3rd Period - 9:00am-9:25am
4th Period - 9:30am-9:55am
5th Period - 10:00am-10:25am
6th Period - 10:30am-10:55am
7th Period - 11:00am-11:25am
8th Period - 11:30am-11:55am
* Lunch for those that want to eat a sack lunch! 8th Period
Child Care for February 12
When: February 12, 12:00 pm-4:00 pm
Where: High School-Back Gym
Who: Children of Faculty & Staff
What: Lunch & snacks will be provided
FCCLA students will be providing child care for your kids on the District Early Out day, Friday, February 12. We will provide pizza, drinks and an afternoon snack for each child.
To reserve your spot, email Sarah Allen at email@example.com, with your child (children) names and ages and your cell phone number.
Please make sure if you missed last weeks staff meeting that you get your United Way form from Sally Aguilar. I would encourage each of you to give $70.00, which if every district employee gave this amount the district would meet the goal set by Mr. Bryant. They are also doing payroll deduct and it would be less than $6.00 a month if you choose this payment method.
This year, there will be participation incentives, so please jump on board, as the district has set a GOAL to raise funds for United Way of Lubbock. Every person who donates will be entered to win an iPad mini, a $100 United gift card, or a $50 Tinseltown gift card, AND, the campus/department with the HIGHEST PERCENTAGE OF PARTICIPATION will win a visit from the Sheridan's treat cart! The total amount donated will not factor into this, just that you have the highest percentage of employees participating.
The Lubbock Area United Way is in the business of creating meaningful and tangible impact in our community. We help bring the community together to look at the most urgent needs and do whatever it takes to improve lives. We work to address the needs today and the issues of tomorrow. Research shows that quick-fix solutions addressing the symptoms of issues are not effective, we must address the root causes of problems in order to create lasting, positive change.
We are about people empowering people. We care deeply about the individual lives that are changed. And, we care about improving the overall quality of life in this community. The Lubbock Area United Way stands for hope and optimism.
We hold ourselves accountable, not just for action, but also for results. Lubbock Area United Way is driven by the commitment to make a real difference in the community we serve.
2016-2017 Schedule Request Parent Meeting for current 5th, 6th and 7th graders
February 16 @ 6pm in the LCMS Cafeteria, a parent informational meeting will be held regarding requesting courses and the different courses paths your child can take for the 2016-17 school year. I would highly encourage each parent to attend as we will cover questions you will have about your child's 2016-17 schedule.
Schedule request cards will need to be returned by February 19. This is something that you and your child should complete at home. Please let me know if you have any questions.
The card, the lollipop, and the delivery cost only $1.00 and are on sale in the cafeteria during lunch through Thursday, February 11.
So, "show the love" and buy a Valogram to send to your friends, your teachers, your sweetheart, or even yourself!
Tickets will be sold during each lunch period for $5.00 and $7.00 at the door. Ticket sales will on Thursday, February 11.
LCMS 2016 Cheerleader/Mascot Tryout Eligibility
In order for a student to tryout for cheerleader, the following conditions must be met.
· must be academically eligible at the time of tryouts in accordance with UIL regulations;
· must sign up, attend a short meeting, and pick up a packet at the time and place designated by the cheer coach (Tuesday, March 1 at 7:30am in the Middle School Library;
· must have a parent/guardian attend the Mandatory Parent Meeting on Wednesday, March 2 at 5:30pm in the Middle School Auditorium;
· must return the signed Permission Form and Medical Release form by the
designated date (Thursday, March 3 by 3:45pm) to Mrs. Brown in Room 23;
· must not have been removed from any Lubbock-Cooper Cheerleading Squads in the previous year or have been prohibited from tryout due to a review by the cheer coaches/sponsors and administrative team;
· must be available for summer camp and all scheduled practices and attend the entire time (Camp dates tentative May 31-June 2);
· must purchase tryout attire ($20-$25);
· must attend all clinics (March 3 and March 4 4:00-5:30pm) and mock judging (March 8 4:00-5:30pm) (for mock judging the candidate is to wear tryout attire, shoes, and socks that will be worn in front of the judges for cheer coach approval);
· must attend tryout/judging Wednesday, March 9 beginning at 4:00pm (ending time will be determined by how many candidates we have, do not schedule any other event on this day) (tryout is closed);
· must accept financial responsibility for all required items ($650-$800 and other expenses during the 2016-2017 school year).
· must agree to abide by all the rules and guidelines established for cheerleaders at Lubbock-Cooper ISD.
*Tryout material will not be released until after school on the first clinic date (March 3), no exceptions!
The requirements above must be met by the date/time listed, or the
student WILL NOT be allowed to tryout.
Reserve Your Pirate Star Yearbook Today!!
Yearbook orders are being taken now! There are two ways to order your copy!
1. Go online to www.balfour.com and type in Lubbock-Cooper Middle School and click on the yearbook to order online by March 25.
2. Turn in this form with your money to Mrs. Brown room 23 (science) by April 8.
*Online sales will end March 25 and order forms need to be turned into Mrs. Brown by April 8 to ensure you get a copy of the amazing Pirate Star Yearbook.
EDUCATION FOUNDATION GIVING OUT TEACHER GRANTS
Next Two Weeks Calendar Events
- Wednesday, February 10 - ARDs Meeting (AM Only)
- Thursday, February 11 - Boys Basketball vs Frenship MS @ LCHS (6:00pm/7:15pm)
- Thursday, February 11 - Girls Basketball vs Frenship MS @ Frenship MS (5:30pm/6:30pm)
- Friday, February 12 - End of Fourth Six Weeks
- Friday, February 12 - Valograms deliverd to students! (B3 class)
- Friday, February 12 - Early Dismissal
- Friday, February 12 - Valentine Dance (7pm-10pm) - Need parent HELP!
- Sunday, February 14 - Valentines Day
- Monday, February 15 - Boys Basketball vs LBMS @ LBMS (5:30pm/6:30pm)
- Monday, Februaray 15 - President's Day
- Monday, February 15 - Fifth Six Weeks Begins
- Tuesday, February 16 - Current 5th, 6th and 7th 2016 Scheduling Meeting in Cafeteria (6pm)
- Tuesday, February 16 - Math Professional Development
- Wednesday, February 17 - ARDs Meeting (AM Only)
- Thursday, February 18 - LPAC Meeting
- Thursday, February 18 - SPED Progress Reports Due
- Thursday, February 18 - LCISD School Board Meeting (7pm)
- Tuesday, February 23 - MS Band Pre-UIL @ Frenship (TBA)
- Wednesday, February 24 - ARDs Meeting (AM Only)
- Wednesday, February 24 - MS Band Pre-UIL @ Frenship (TBA)
- Wednesday, February 24 - StuCo Spring Conference @ Estacado HS (All Day)
- Thursday, February 25 - Happy Birthday Jim Bob Ashmore
- Friday, February 26 - Pirate Pride MOVED to Friday, March 11