Updates from Washington Elementary-Friday, October 12, 2018
Mr. Russell, Principal - 414.773.1805
Mrs. Schram, Administrative Assistant - 414.773.1805
Mrs. Hill-Gordon - Educational Assistant - 414.773.1806
Attendance Line - 414.773.1802
Fall Conference Sign-Up
Coming Up: October 19th and October 26th we do not have school. October 19th is a professional learning day for staff. October 26th is a conference day. Evening conferences are October 25th and 30th. You should have received a link for a “Sign Up Genius” this past Wednesday to schedule your conferences with directions on how to sign up. We hope to have all parents participate in fall conferences.
1) Do you shop? Would you like to earn money for your school while you're doing it? Washington Elementary has two ways to do this. First, sign up for Scrip to purchase gift cards to places you already shop or give gift cards from Scrip and a percent of each gift card purchase goes back to Washington.
Second, download the Shoparoo app. All you do is take pictures of your paper receipts and you earn money for Washington. https://www.shoparoo.com/
2) Huge PTA thank you to:
Kayla Ehlen, Bethany Teipel and Marc Beaudoin for running this year's Scholastic Book Fair!!!
Antoni Apollo for organizing our walk to school on 10/10!
3) Our next "Dine Out" opportunity will be with Jimmy John's on State Street. We will be ordering food for the first night of evening conferences on 10/25. Look for order forms in students backpacks.
4) To help increase communication from your respective room parent regarding school related activities and requests please fill out the form which allows room parents to email you.
5) Please take time to fill out our Washington Volunteer Form. We want this year's High Interest Day to be spectacular and affordable. Do you like Pinterest projects? Do you have a cool hobby you can share with students? Do you work in emergency medicine and want to teach the kids how to treat injuries? Do you cook or bake? Please list yourself as a "volunteer presenter" for (HID) High Interest Day.
6) Keepsake Plates are a Washington tradition and students will be creating their masterpieces on November 1st and November 2nd. Look for information in backpacks on how to register for this fun event.
7) Holiday Shop is quickly approaching on Saturday 12/1. If you would like to be a vendor please contact the coordinator, Jennifer Dugan at: email@example.com.
8) Washington Show Your School Pride!
Purchase your spirit wear online.
Reminder--October Referendum Open Houses
Referendum Fact Sheet - The Referendum 2018 Fact Sheet was mailed to all Wauwatosa residents at the end of last week. Watch your mailbox this week for its arrival. Please remind your neighbors or family members who are residents to watch their mailbox as well! The Fact Sheet includes important information about what is on the November 6 ballot, what the proposed projects are, why the District is proposing this plan, tax impact, and how to learn more.
Learn more about the Referendum:
- Watch your mailbox for a Referendum Newsletter that will be mailed to all residents in early-October.
- Visit www.wauwatosaschools.org/ref2018 for updates throughout September and October.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attend a Referendum Information Open House on:
Tuesday, October 16 - between 6:30-8:00 p.m. hosted at McKinley Elementary
Tuesday, October 23 - between 6:30-8:00 p.m. hosted at Lincoln Elementary
Breakfast/lunch menus, meal application, account payments
The free and reduced meal program application is available by clicking this link: app (you will need to print the application and turn it into the school office.
There is also an option to complete the application online by clicking this link: https://frapps.horizonsolana.com/WAUS01
Did you know that you can make meal account payments and check balances by signing up at https://www2.mypaymentsplus.com/welcome
If you prefer, you can also submit cash or check payments in the school office and we will put them in the meal programs drop box to be added to the account on the same day. Checks should be made payable to Wauwatosa School FSD.
Drop off and Pick Up Routines
Please take note:
- 67th Street is ONE way SOUTHBOUND during drop-off and pick-up. Between 7:00-8:30am and 2:00-3:30pm traffic is only allowed to move southbound.
- Thank you ahead of time for being considerate to our neighbors on 67th and all around our building by NOT blocking driveways nor turning around in driveways. 67th street is extremely busy in the morning and at dismissal so your continued efforts at being patient and follow the posted rules help keep everyone safe.
- There is a handicap parking sign posted on the north end of the cutout on 67th Street. Cars, buses and daycare vans should avoid this area at all times. Thank you for your cooperation.
Please review the link, Safe Routes to School: School Map, for some important reminders to help improve the safety of students and others around Washington School.
Thanks for your cooperation!
Way to Go Timberwolves!
PAWS Winners for October 12th are available here. Congratulations students and keep up the good work!