Maybury Weekly News
9.6.2021 Keeping Families Informed and in the KNOW!
Welcome to Week 4 Maybury Families and Scholars!
Labor Day Observance: No School Monday, September 6th
New Scholar Enrollment CHALLENGE for Current Families
We want to encourage all of you to get in on our ninja warrior enrollment challenge! Below the flyer is direct link to a google form you can complete to submit the names and contact information of any families you think would be interested in learning more about our campus. The rewards for those that are fully enrolled and verified are listed below!
Maybury Enrollment Warrior Challenge Reward Levels
** Please note that scholars MUST be FULLY enrolled and ATTEND prior to receiving your reward. **
This Challenge will run from Monday, August 30th until Monday, September 20th! Winners will be notified on Tuesday, September 21st and rewards will be distributed and available 30 days later!
** For every scholar enrolled, you are automatically put into the raffle for the initial $100 gift card. The below rewards are in addition to!
1 Scholar = Free A+ T-shirt for you and your scholar!
2 Scholars= The above + a FREE dress down day on a Friday for your scholar
3 Scholars= ALL the above + a FREE brand-new book of your scholar’s choice from our onsite book bin
4 Scholars= ALL the above + $100 Scholar Dollars awarded to your scholar via Kickboard
5 Scholars= All the above + treated to breakfast or lunch courtesy of the principal, Mrs. Benn
6 Scholars= All the above + a $50.00 gift card
7+ Scholars= You’re showing out and we LOVE it!!! Keep it up! At 7+ scholars, we will issue ONE $500 gift card to the family that referred and fully enrolled the MOST scholars!
You MUST complete this form for any new families you are referring to us so you can receive the enrollment credit if/when they complete the application.
Download the CCS Bus Bulletin App to keep track of Buses!
Recurring Weekly Information
The school day runs Monday-Friday from 8:00-3:30 pm. Breakfast will be served from 8:00-8:30. Masks are required for staff and scholars so please plan accordingly.
- COVID Guidelines: All scholars and staff must wear masks in the building. Please make sure your child has their own mask and that he/she is keeping it on and know it should cover their nose.
- Visitors will not be allowed in the building during school hours. This is for the health and safety of all scholars and staff. This includes parents/guardians. If you have a specific need we will meet you at the front door to best serve you.
- Your scholar may bring a refillable water bottle to school as we now have COVID safe, touchless drinking fountains.
- There have been several transportation issues with Columbus City Schools in regard to buses not running their am routes due to a driver shortage and most recently not doing pickup in the afternoons. Please take time out of your day to contact transportation and inform them of your issues and request that you be notified when routes change, pick up or drop off changes on their end and so forth. Unfortunately, transportation issues are not in the realm of our control, however we do fully understand the frustration this situation is causing our families. Contact transportation @ 614-365-5074
- Uniforms- Scholars will be required to wear uniforms this school year. Scholars may wear ANY color colored polo shirt (A+ logo NOT required) along with Khaki, Blue or Black pants. No hoodies, slides or open toed shoes.
- Cell Phones- Scholars will not be permitted to carry or use cell phones during school hours. Teachers will have scholars drop their phones in a box upon entry into their classrooms every morning. Any scholar caught with a phone during school hours will have it confiscated and we will only return the phone to a parent/guardian.
- Proof of Residency- if we haven't received your Proof of Residency yet, your scholar is NOT fully enrolled. This can be a copy of a utility bill or first page of your lease. Please take a picture and email to email@example.com. Scholars cannot begin school until this is completed.
Dress Down Day
- Scholars may dress down and wear jeans every Friday for $1.00. All other days, scholars MUST be in the appropriate uniform.
- Kickboard is the platform we use to track scholar behavior. Scholars will begin receiving their "scholar dollar" reports every Friday. Those scholars that return with a signed copy of their report on Monday will begin the week with an additional $5.00! Please reach out to your scholar's teacher if you need login information.
- Class Dojo is utilized to communicate large class level messages and to individually reach out to parents. Contact your scholar's teacher if you need access to Dojo as well.
- Please be mindful that your scholar is considered tardy and needs to be signed in as of 8:31 am.
- Please ensure you are picking your scholar up and/or have made arrangements to have them picked up promptly at 3:30 which is our dismissal time. There are no adults present on campus after 4:00 pm. Late pick ups will result in a verbal reminder, written warning and then we will need to contact Columbus City Police Department and/or Child Protective Services for further incidents.
- While we understand that scholars have doctor's appointments and other things that require them to leave early, please keep in mind that late drop off's and early pick-ups do result in scholars losing instructional time. The Ohio Department of Education tracks scholar instructional time in hours so consistently dropping off late and/or picking up early affects their attendance. If it is a necessary appointment, please provide the front office with appropriate documentation so that your scholar is excused
A+ Arts Academy: Where the PLUS means so much MORE!
A+ Arts Academy provides a personalized elementary and junior high school education for scholars in kindergarten through eighth grade. The PLUS stands for our school environment. Your child will be safe, protected, cared for and nurtured in an atmosphere that rewards learning, self-respect and dignity.
The mission of our schools is to be known for producing responsible and accountable scholars who demonstrate a strong sense of self-worth, leadership and moral values, ultimately becoming exceptional citizens. We serve scholars and families at three beautiful campuses in the Columbus, Ohio area:
Fair Campus K-6 | 1395 Fair Ave., Columbus OH 43205 | 614.725.1305
Maybury Campus K-6 | 2633 Maybury Rd., Columbus OH 43232 | 614.626.2250
Napoleon Campus 7 & 8 | 270 S. Napoleon Ave., Columbus, OH 43213 | 614.338.0767
Deputy Regional Director
Director of Operations
Front Office Manager
Physical Education & Health Teacher
Special Education Teacher
1st Grade Teacher
1st Grade Teacher
2nd Grade Teacher
2nd Grade Teacher
3rd Grade Teacher
4th Grade Teacher
5/6 ELA/SS/Humanities Teacher
5/6 Math & Science Teacher