chapter 5 Flow of Food
Purchasing Receiving and Storage
Use criteria to accept or reject food during receiving.
Label and dating food.
Storing food correctly.
Purchasing and receiving.
Upon receiving you need to look for things
If packages or items are
- Droped or broke
- Are clean and boxes not damages
- There are no makes that animals have tried to get in or insects
- Each item is at its correct temperature
- Make sure you use all your thermometers and the person who is checking the packages know what temp there so posed to be at
- 41 or below except for eggs milk and shellfish that can be 45.
- and hot foods need to be at 135
documents and quality
make sure the items look to be fresh.
- Make sure dry foods don't look like they have any moister in them
- Pest damage
- Meat that is slimy or dry
- Meat is soft and bounces back and not discolored.
- if there is a odor.
Mark the date and the time that they were made.
Remember foods can only be stores for 7 days counting the day it was made.
Make sure this item does not get pulled out of the fridge more than it needs to be to prevent time temp abuse.