Ms. Crace's Course Updates
For AP Lang and ELA 8
Check Your Grades
All submissions for the September 24 due date have been graded! Check your grade (in the course grades area) to make sure it is accurate. Please email or call if you see anything of concern. Midnight on Tuesday, Sept. 29, is the final deadline for all late work from this two-week period.
Upcoming Synchronous Sessions
AP Lang: **Note the changed times!**
- Tone: Monday, Oct. 5, 8 pm
- Office Hour: Monday, Oct. 12, 8-9 pm
- Point of View: Monday, Oct. 19, 8 pm
8th Grade ELA:
- Poetry Terms: Tuesday, Sept. 29, 7 pm
- Office Hour: Tuesday, Oct. 6, 7-8 pm
- Subject-Verb Agreement: Tuesday, Oct. 13, 7 pm
- Office Hour: Tuesday, Oct. 20, 7-8 pm
Take advantage of the opportunity to extend your learning and earn ELO points!
Link for sessions: https://gavirtualschool.adobeconnect.com/craceoffice
Heads Up! A Quick Look at Your Work for This Two-Week Period
18-week: The Civil Rights Compare/Contrast Essay will consume more of your time than you may think, as you'll need to listen to and study the rhetoric of three different speakers.
16-week: Make sure you listen to the recording of the synchronous session on Rhetorical Analysis essays before completing the timed Benjamin Banneker essay.
18-week: Pay careful attention to the requirements of each poetry assignment, continue answering reading questions fully and with detail, and use whatever time you have left after the work for this deadline to get a head start on the Guilt Portfolio.
12-week: Your expository essay has been broken into parts, so start working now. You will need to submit your topic, then your outline, and then your rough draft. Make sure to leave enough time for me to give you feedback on each part before you start working on the next part.
VFW Speech and Essay Contests - Deadline Nov. 1
Join Shmoop & Earn Extra Points
If you have not already joined my class in Shmoop, do so now and start working! Shmoop is a tutorial and study aid website to which every GaVS student gains access through our school subscription. Make sure to use the GaVS magic word and the appropriate classroom code to join my classroom.
1. Go here: http://www.shmoop.com/signup/georgia-virtual
2. Create a free Shmoop account or log in if you already have one. Use your GaVS email to automatically gain access to our school subscription services.
3. Enter this Magic Word on the sign-up page: LANIER
4. Join our class using the appropriate code below:
- AP Lang: 7546d
- ELA 8: 9748a
5. Take the diagnostic, read the material, work through exercises, etc. The more you do, the more Shmoints you earn! These will later translate (though not directly) into extra points!