Terrors of a Tsunami
Huge ocean monsters!
The Money Wasting Cost of a Tsunami
3 of the most destructive tsunamis in history
The tsunami of Japan was the second most destructive! This tsunami caused an oil spill and a caused a nuclear power plant to get hit by a tsunami. The death toll of this tsunami was about 16,000 people. November 1, 1755 a tsunami hit Portugal, Spain, and Morocco. The death toll was about 60,000!
- The first wave of a tsunami is usually weak!
- Tsunami means harbor wave in Japanese
- Scientist think that a 1720 feet hit Alaska in the early 1500's!
- 80% of tsunamis are in the ring of fire
- The deadliest tsunami was the tsunami was in 2004