All E-Board member contact information can be found on Blackboard
under the OCMEA tab. If you cannot attend an event, please email Liz Mason, secretary @ email@example.com at least 24 hours prior to the event.
Thank you & let's have a wonderful semester!
Berea Arts Fest Instrument Petting Zoo*
Sunday, Sep. 13th, 9am-5:30pm
Coe Lake Park
Annual OCMEA Picnic*
Sunday, Sep. 13th, 7-8:30pm
West Lawn (the lawn of picnic tables beside the Union and behind the SAC)
Please bring the following:
Freshmen: just yourself!--you will meet your mentor right before the picnic)
Sophomores: drinks (water, lemonade, tea, etc.)
Juniors: side dishes/chips
Voting for a Committee
Here's to an awesome year!
(photo courtesy rsablogs.org.uk)
(photo courtesy www.vectorstock.com)
Public Relations and Advocacy Committee
The duties of the Public Relations and Advocacy Committee:
- Staying informed about local, state, and national issues affecting arts education, and advocacy days on the national and state level.
- Regularly providing news and information about policies, proposed legislation, and research on arts education to the OCMEA Chapter.
- Suggesting advocacy strategies to the OCMEA membership in response to action alerts from the Ohio Alliance for Arts Education, OMEA, Ohio Citizens for the Arts, and the NAfME.
- Act as an informant for all non-committee chapter events to the University campus, community, and target audience (local educators, other OCMEA chapters, surrounding schools, etc).
- Coordinate and maintain any social network sites approved by the executive board among other duties also listed in the OCMEA Ch. 141 handbook.
(photo courtesy www.dreamstime.com)
Dr. Wendy Valerio*
Saturday, Oct. 3rd, 9am-3pm
Lou Higgins Rec Center, Room 240A/B