Greetings from Deer Class!
Spring is in the air! This month in Deer class we will be learning all about growth, renewal, life cycles and the importance of taking care of your teeth!
We will also begin working on recognizing and writing last names this month. They are doing such a fabulous job in literacy we know they will take to the idea quickly. Be on the lookout for full names coming to craft projects near you!
Thank you for continuing to work with your child on counting with one-to-one correspondence and recognizing letters in environmental print. Our world is the best classroom!
Your children have learned and grown so much this year, and we have grown to love them “deerly.” We are dreading saying goodbye next month. Pre-K graduation will be on Tuesday, May 15 at 6:30pm. Save the date—more details to come.
Thanks for your continued support and kindness. We have the best parents at Waterstone. Thank you for being you!
~Amy & Shannon
April at a Glance
- Review all
- Review all
- Counting Identification
- One-to-one correspondence
- Life Cycle of a Butterfly
- Grass Growing
Do all that you can to live in peace with everyone. ~Romans 12:18
- Thomas Doubts Jesus
- Jesus and the Miraculous Catch of Fish
- Jesus Goes to Heaven
- Peter and John Heal a Lame Man
- Early Christians Share
School Wide News
Scholastic Book Fair Re-Cap
Thank you so much for your support of our first annual Scholastic Book Fair! It was so fun to see children and parents so excited about books and reading together. Thanks to your support we raised a little over $800 in Scholastic Dollars that will come back to the school in the form of new books and classroom materials offered by Scholastic. We will be able to add some much needed new books that align with our curriculum themes to the school’s main library shared by all of the classrooms, and each individual classroom will be able to revamp their reading center with fun new titles. Thank you!
Waterstone Preschool Summer Camp
Waterstone’s STORYBOOK SUMMER programming is coming soon! Online registration begins Monday, April 9th. Click here for full details and registration instructions.
- Class pictures will be for sale in the next few weeks. Watch your child’s check-in area to see a proof of your child’s class picture, an order sheet and payment envelope. Pictures are $10 each. The final prints will be delivered before the last day of school. It is a great way to remember your child’s friends from the school year.
- Individual pictures: It’s not too late to order your child’s individual school portrait. The galleries will be taken off of the website on May 15th. Please follow the directions below:
- Click here to access the site. Or go to: http://laurasmithphotography.pixieset.com.
- The galleries are in alphabetical order by last name. Once you find your child you can access their gallery by using your child's name as the password (first letter capitalized). If you have more than one child in the program, their photos will be together in the same gallery and the password will be your youngest child's name. If you have any questions, please email Laura, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Field Day/End of Year Celebration – May 14th and 15th
What better way to celebrate the end of a great school year than with an afternoon of fun games and activities! Please join your child at 12pm on the last day they attend, either Monday, May 14th or Tuesday, May 15th. As usual, students will need to pack a lunch. Each class will eat around 11:30am in their classrooms. Then, parents can join the events from 12:00-1:30pm. We hope you will join our celebration!
April Fruit of the Spirit: Peace
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
-Galatians 5:22-23 (NIV)
Mark your Calendars!
Storybook Summer Registration Begins
April 16 – May 1
Order Class Photos
Last Day of School and Last Day to Order Individual Photos