2nd Grade News
with Ms. Przedpelski
MAP Testing is COMPLETE and ITBS Testing has STARTED!
Your students did a great job this past week focusing on their MAP assessments. I look forward to receiving their MAP Reports and seeing how they have progressed. I hope they will have the same focus during our ITBS tests next week.
Here is our ITBS testing schedule:
Friday, May 13th - Reading 1&2
Monday, May 16th - Listening, Language
Tuesday, May 17th - Math 1&2
Wednesday, May 18th - Social Studies, Vocabulary, Word Analysis
Thursday, May 19th - Science, Computation
Please make sure your child is getting a great night of sleep and eating a very healthy breakfast each morning to help wake up their brains!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MADELINE!
Very Important Information
1. NO MORE 2nd GRADE HOMEWORK! Your students are almost 3rd graders..... can you believe it?? Please allow them to enjoy some time outside & have some fun during these crazy testing days :)
2. LIBRARY BOOKS: It is very important that your child returns any books that they have checked out! If you are unsure... please email me and I will let you know what your child has checked out!
3. TESTING HAS BEGUN! Please make sure your students are getting a great night's sleep and eat a healthy breakfast every single day this week!!
4. SUMMER SKILLS: If you ordered these workbooks, they came home with your child on Thursday this week! Please let me know if there were any issue with your order.
5. SIX FLAGS TICKETS: Your students brought home their Read to Succeed Six Flags Ticket if they earned one this year! Make sure you collect these from their folders so they will not get lost :)
No After School Clubs the Last Week of School.......
If your child has a Summer Birthday......
What is Coming Up?
Mark Your Calendars
Remember... the last week of school is spirit week! Take note of what your child should come dressed in each day :)
May 13 – 19: for all grades ITBS testing
May 18: End of Year Picnic 4:30 pm-Pre-K-3rd grade
Last week of School is Spirit Week
May 23: Tacky Day
May 24: 2nd Grade Summer Birthday Celebration
May 24: Elementary Talent Show 1:45 pm
May 24: Decades Day
May 25: Jersey Day
May 25: Last Blast Carnival – all day event, all grades- Year Book Signing
May 26: Last day of School
May 26: Dress Up Day - no jeans, no t-shirts
May 26: Last Day of School/ Award Ceremonies
Elementary Awards - 1:30pm
Middle School Awards - 2:30pm
Only 9 more days until 3rd Grade!
These last few weeks we will practice ALL skills learned in 2nd grade and applying these skills DAILY while we focus on how to read and write like 3rd graders while we create a memories book for our year together!
Ms. P's Math:
May 13-20: Chapter 17 (Picture Graphs)
Throughout these next few weeks, we will also continue to incorporate practicing our multiplication and division every day!
Ms. Minor's Math:
Ms. Minor's Math class will finish up their study on angles and geometry. Students will complete a study guide in class on Monday/ Tuesday and test on Wednesday.
May 16-end of school: Study of Kinetic and Potential energy, Friction, Forces, and Magnetism
Social Studies: We have finished our My World curriculum!
We will spend these last few weeks reviewing some of the most important skills and concepts we learned this year. These include: Economics, Landforms, and Map Skills