MCES WEEKLY TOP FIVE FOR PARENTS
UPDATES FOR THE WEEK OF October 3-7
MONTCLAIR ELEMENTARY SCHOOL’S WEEKLY TOP 5 FOR PARENTS
- Panda Express: Montclair's PTA will partner with Panda Express on October 13 from 12:00 PM-8:00 PM for Panda Express Day. Please come out and support us, as we will have a portion of the proceeds will be donated back to the schools.
- Car Rider Lane: Parents, we know that the car rider line can sometimes be slow and tedious; however, we ask our families to stay in their vehicles during drop-off and pick-up time. Our policies and procedures are in place for the safety of our students and staff and the organizational intent.
- Late Check-ins: In Cumberland County School District, we pride ourselves on providing quality instruction from morning until afternoon. Please do your best to bring your child to school on time, no later than 8: 30, and allow them to stay for the school day. We understand that some events are out of your concerns, but when a student misses instructional time due to constantly coming late or leaving early, it causes learning gaps. Every minute counts for instruction, so please keep this in mind.
- PTA Discount Cards: Montclair is hosting its first Annual Discount Card fundraiser. The fundraiser will take place from October 3-October 21. We are asking for our Montclair Families to assist with this event. Parents have been provided with order forms with all the needed information. Our school will reward prizes to families who sell the most cards. Thank you so much for your help with this aspiration.
- Teacher Work Days: There will be no school on October 17th and 18th. Students are encouraged to work on any asynchronous work via Canvas or online assignments.
Unit 1 Parent Letters
- First Grade:
- Second Grade:
- Third Grade:
Unit 2 Parent Letters
Additional Parent Resources
- Fifth Grade:
A Message from The Administration Team
Happy Friday to our Montclair Families,
We want to remind our families to sign up for all our Social Media Platforms and other communication resources. Please make sure that you also check our Montclair School Website. We want to ensure that our parents are constantly in the know and updated with what is happening in the school building.
We want to inform you as much as possible about the changes and updates from CCS or our school. One of the ways that we utilize communication with our families is the Parent Link tool. If you have not been receiving correspondence, please ensure that your contact information remains updated. If you have opted out of receiving Parent Link text or phone calls, please be sure to opt back in to stay informed. To unblock/opt-in: Call the ParentLink Hotline at 855.502.7867 and select Option 2 to opt back in. The user must call from the blocked number to change the status. It is super important that all of our numbers for students, parents and employees are updated and current. This will allow us to use the PowerSchool/ParentLink system to its fullest potential.
We look forward to an effective partnership with our families and an excellent school. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact Mrs. Powell or Mr.Gillespie, the school's administration team.
Principal-Stephanie Wall Powell/Assistant Principal-Darius B.Gillespie
Montclair Elementary School provides an environment that encourages the growth and development of our students.
We are committed to the following:
- The enhancement of positive character traits
- Achievement of academic excellence
- Awareness of physical fitness
- The faculty and staff invite you to be our partner in our journey toward greatness!