Mrs. Nagaj's Newsletter
Excited to Be a Hornet!
Summer Brain Boost Camp
Kirtland Schools’ has offered our students in grades K-3 the C.H.A.M.P.s Camp for the past six years. We expanded our summer programming and created the Summer Brain Boost for students that have just completed Kindergarten through 8th grade for the 2020 summer. Students that just completed Kindergarten through Grade 3 were given the opportunity to attend in-person or virtually and students that just completed 4th through 8th grade are attending classes virtually. Currently 58 students are attending the Summer Brain Boost. Teachers provide a relaxed low stress approach that the students are truly enjoying.
Back to School Information
Information below is based on our plan for in-person learning, aligned with the current at risk level for Lake County, which is orange. More information for both in-person learning and online learning from home will be communicated as our plans develop.
- First day of school for students in grades 1 through 5 is September 8, 2020
- Kindergarten screening is scheduled to take place September 8-11. Check your scheduled time through Signup Genius. Registration forms and documents will be collected at the screening.
- Kindergarten staggered start begins the week of September 15, 2020.
- School hours will be 8:45am-3:45pm
- Latchkey will be offered. You can register within Final Forms.
- A separate survey for Latchkey planning will be sent out soon.
- We are working on plans for device pick-up. A link to schedule this will be sent out to parents as soon as it is available.
- If you have concerns regarding internet access at home, please contact me at email@example.com.
- If you have questions regarding transportation, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The link for school supplies can be found below.