The Heritage Family Newsletter - March 10, 2017
Dear Heritage Families,
It is hard to believe that we are already to Spring Break 2017! It has been a very productive and funfilled spring semester at Heritage Elementary. The students have been working hard and learning a lot! We really appreciate the support you provide our school.
Thanks to the families that were able to come out to our Open House earlier this week. The students were able to show off their work and their learning. It was a great evening.
I have included some of the special events, awards, and important updates in this
newsletter. We will have a very busy rest of the school year. I am proud to be a part of the journey.
I hope you all have a great Spring Break!
Calendar of Events
- March 10: Student Holiday
- March 13-17: Spring Break
- March 20th: Film Festival Entries Due
- March 21st - Spring Pictures
- March 21st - Chic Fil-A Night - Presidio Towne Crossing Location
- March 28th - Writing STAAR Test - campus closed
- March 28th - Progress Reports Available HAC
- April 3rd - 7th: Counselor Appreciation Week
- April 3rd - 7th: Kindergarten Round-up
- April 3rd: Big Kahuna Fundraiser Pick-up
- April 7th - PTA General Meeting and Movie Night
Congratulations Sara Adams - Heritage Teacher of the Year!!!
Heritage Students and Teams in the News!!!
Congratulations goes to Payten Harshbarger for “Best Table Presentation” with her awesome recipe “Zuchini Noodles w/Marinara & Meatballs”.
We are very proud of Payten for her team work, skills in the kitchen and her over all creativity. She awarded a Medal and a bag of culinary tools.
Payten was a pleasure to have in the competition.
- Cupstacking - Congratulations to our cupstacking team for winning 18 ribbons and showing tremendous character and sportsmanship at last week's Saturday competition.
- Jump rope for Heart - Shepard Burr was a top fundraiser for Jump Rope for Heart and will get to be a "National Anthem Buddy" at an upcoming Maverick's game
- Battle of Books - Congratulations to our Battle of the Books Teams for all their hard work and for representing Heritage proudly at the district competition.