Speight Technology Bulletin
Week of November 16th - November 20th
What's up this week at Speight Middle?
Monday, November 16th
- Science dept meeting will be rescheduled due to iReady training.
- iReady Training @ Jones from 4 - 5:30pm. Bring a charged laptop!
- Google Forms session cancelled due to iReady training. Will reschedule another time.
Tuesday, November 17th
- Leadership team meeting @ 3:45pm.
- Provisional/Lateral Entry meeting @ Central Office - 4:00pm - 5:00pm. (Only for those that received an email about attending)
- Google Drive session after school with Mr. Straub! Sign up to attend here.
Wednesday, November 18th
- Our first Cougar Career Club meeting day! (10:00am - 11:00am)
- PBIS meeting after school @ 3:45pm
Friday, November 20th
- Data due to Ms. Budd, Data Binders, and your Dept chair (Google Folder)
- Antrell Lucas
- Katlyn Drew
- Karla Bautista
- Irron Edwards
- Kayla Hayer
- Wesley Battle
- Nathan Coley
Please continue to encourage your students to handle these devices with care. We've had a lot of cracked screens lately!
- Lyniah Ellis
- Tyler Pegram
- Shidaizsha Davis
Please remind them to bring their iPad cases and their loaner iPad if they had one.
PD Sessions from your eLearning Team!
PS - Monday's Google Form session has been cancelled due to iReady training.
Purpose: This strategy is used to activate background knowledge before discussing a major topic, and the chart can be revised or additions can be made as the information is being covered. It can also be used at the end of a reading unit to assess how much students have retained.
1. Give students a sheet of white-lined paper.
2. Ask them to write a letter of the alphabet on each line.
3. Ask students to think of a word or phrase associated with the topic.
4. They should then match that word or phrase to a letter in the alphabet.
5. Allow them to work individually at first.
6. They can fill out the sheet in no particular order.
7. After reading, they can go back and fill in the blanks.
Topic: World War II
The students might list
See the graphic organizer here.
-Thanks to Ms. L. Lofton for providing this week's classroom strategy! :-)
Technology Tip of the Week - Mass QR Code Generator
iPad Accessories Ready for Pick Up
Also, if you're incorporating technology into your lessons, please take some pics and share them with me! I can add them to our newsletter and school website! Thanks! :-)